Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work and competitive pay and benefits.
The Market Strategy organization is responsible for creating and maintaining the mid-tier strategy for the Company. As part of this responsibility, the team will create and maintain a roadmap of executable growth opportunities across identified customer segments, creating a key segment level playbook for use by product development, business development and sales functions.
This role provides leadership and manages the overall Market Strategy Analytics group. The role will have direct responsibility to manage a highly specialized small team focused on prioritizing growth opportunities based on quantitatively analyzing the market share and associated returns that Duke may capture. Team will work closely with Market Intelligence team and collaboratively develop opportunity details based on market insights stemming from Market Intelligence team. Market Strategy Analytics team will further support partner strategy recommendations through quantitative analysis of partner implications. Once growth opportunity areas are sized and prioritized for further development, this role will provide collaborative support in refining the opportunity impacts through product development and Structuring analysis phases as needed.
A candidate for this role must possess an ability to meet a variety of non-routine challenges, exceptional communications skills, a foundational knowledge of the energy industry, its operations and structured energy markets, regulatory expertise, a command of strategic analysis concepts and expert knowledge of financial analysis.
• Provide management and leadership to the market strategy analytics function, including
– Develop framework for market sizing and addressable market share across all 5 Macro Segments (Mass, Business, Community, City, Multi-City/Utility) and respective opportunity categories.
– Manage analyst resources (in-house expert team) and tool set that operationalize the analytical framework.
– Continuously seek opportunities for process improvement, benchmarking of methodologies and tools and cost/benefit evaluation.
– Create and maintain back-casting validation framework to enable continuous improvement of market potential projections.
– Develop, present and gain buy-in for market sizing analysis from internal stakeholders (SMC, Market Solutions and Business Development). Be the point of contact for market potential questions, reports and regulatory data requests.
• Provide analytical support to the development of Partner strategy and structuring efforts as opportunities move through product development, acceleration and sales teams.
• Manage group to effectively deploy resources and promote employee development and succession planning.
Knowledge, skills or abilities:
• Demonstrated quantitative modeling, market sizing techniques, statistical analysis, markets modeling, supply and demand projections.
• Demonstrated efforts to maintain certifications and/or complete applicable coursework as needed to stay current on modeling best practices and techniques..
• Exposure to regulated utilities rate design, cost recovery, regulatory filings and planning processes.
• Demonstrated managerial and leadership experience
• Prior exposure to modeling industry, market or energy tech product adoption.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex topics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Self-motivated, independent, proactive, organized and innovative individual.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field AND 10 plus years of work-related experience.
• MBA or equivalent degree.
• 15+ years utility experience, including experience in multiple disciplines and/or strategic planning.
• 5 years of experience with advanced modeling tools such as SAS, MathLab, Prosym, System Optimizer or similar software that requires understanding of system optimization, programming, business planning, statistics, financial modeling.
• A command of strategic analysis concepts.
• Exceptional communications skills.
• Ability to meet a variety of non-routine challenges.
• 2+ years of supervisory experience.