Marketing Events Manager
By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world-class company. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game,” “Passion About Customer Success,” “Win as a Team,” and “Have a Blast.” Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
This is a dynamic opportunity for a professional with a proven history of success in executing customer-facing trade show and event marketing programs. This position is hands-on in the day-to-day execution of all aspects of trade show planning, budgeting, execution and vendor management. This individual will act as project manager, overseeing multiple deliverables and ensuring that internal and external team members are on track and on task.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate and oversee specific phases of a wide scope of event-related tasks – including general and educational session production, exhibit design/functional layout, logistics such as registration and rooming list management, budget management. Event management with specific execution of deliverables consisting of program collateral, signage, promotional items and internal communications.
• Responsible for planning and executing all aspects of trade show operations including facilitating set-up, coordinating logistics and dismantling post-event.
• Manage multiple complex timetables successfully in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, tracking progress against plans to identify/track open issues and drive resolutions and communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
• Coordinate with internal creative to develop and execute messaging and the overall look and feel of the exhibit within brand guidelines.
• Manage external vendors that supplement our resources for events and exhibits.
• The position requires travel as needed
Experience, qualifications and skills:
• A minimum of 5-7 years of experience is typically required to perform at expectation.
• A polished professional with strong organizational and communication skills (both written and oral) coordinating with various nationwide internal and external teams.
• Exceptional project/program management and interpersonal skills.
• A self-starter with superior organizational skills and attention to detail with strong follow-through and execution skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects, deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Must thrive on teamwork, problem solving and overcoming obstacles.
• Proficient or competent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and CRM tools.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.