Director of Finance and Administration
Our purpose is to create great real estate experiences by making great real estate agents and by building a model process for buying and selling homes. We are a residential real estate company that runs like a tech start-up. We operate utilizing the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) as described in the book, Traction, by Gino Wickman.
We are looking for an excited and motivated leader to oversee the day-to-day finance, accounting, legal, insurance, office admin, HR and IT operations in our fun and fast-paced company. This position will be responsible for company-wide budget planning, overall financial oversight and development, organizing, overseeing and maintaining all legal contracts and relationships, oversight of office admin and HR staff and oversight of IT infrastructure and data analysis staff and objectives.
The right fit:
At Redbud, we hire for culture first. Then ability and skills. Please consider the following when deciding if this opportunity is the right fit for you. Culturally, we seek team members who are a fit for our Core Values;
• Say what you mean, mean what you say.
• Own problems, do what you know is right.
• Empathize. Find compassion in every interaction.
• Embody a humble confidence.
• Give it your all, all of the time.
• Make everyone’s day better.
• Value team above self, service above all.
We seek these core abilities and qualities for this specific role:
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Excited about financial, legal and administrative deep work.
• Strategic thinker with creative ideas for building out a department.
• Energized by the idea of leading and motivating a team.
• Excited about learning new systems and improving current standard operating procedures.
• Proven ability to project manage.
• Strong sense of follow-through and completing tasks.
• Ability to problem-solve.
• Adaptable personality.
• “Can do it, can figure it out” attitude.
• Wants to lead and continue to develop and grow as a leader.
• Navigate conflict and resolution with grace, respect and accountability.
As for skills, we are looking for someone who has experience working in a fast-paced environment and responding well to change and new ideas. You must already possess the following skills:
• Developing and maintaining finance, legal and administrative operational systems and processes.
• Financial reporting, budgeting and statement analysis.
• Business legal skills likr contract review and feedback, establishing business terms to share with attorneys to write or modify legal contracts, etc.
• Exceptional project management skills.
Additionally, we are looking for someone with the following experience and background
• 5-10 years of professional experience in finance, accounting or business consulting.
• Minimum of 2 years in a leadership role.
• MBA, CPA or Financial Analyst background.
• Experience working in real estate preferred but not required
• Knowledge of EOS preferred but not required
Who you will work with:
• You will be supervised by our CEO.
• You will participate in weekly Level 10 Meetings with Leadership.
• You will be peers with the Director of Strategic Partner Operations and Director of Sales & Marketing.
• You will hire and supervise the Senior Accountant, HR Manager, Office Administrator, IT Manager and future Data Analyst.
• Full-time, competitive salary position.
• Based in Charlotte office.
• Mix of office and remote work as needed.
• Opportunity for extended remote work.
• Health insurance for employees and family.
• PTO + 10 national holidays.
• Retirement benefits.
• Monthly team outings.
• Annual multi-day leadership retreat.