It’s hard to get a feel for the kind of person you’ve matched with on a dating app.
You’ve Glassdoor’d their salary. You’ve crosschecked their name on the sex offender registry. You’ve sent screenshots of their pictures to your group chat to make sure they’re actually hot and you’re not just desperate. But how can you really be sure you’ve got chemistry?
To avoid an awkward date ending in ghosting, ask these Charlotte-specific questions before you meet your next dating app match.
(1) What are your thoughts on dogs in breweries?
(2) What about babies in breweries?
(3) Is there anything you won’t bring into a brewery?
(4) What neighborhood do you want to live in eventually?
(5) Do you believe in neighborhood name shortening like MoRa and LoSo?
(6) Are Plaza Midwood and NoDa starting to become too much like South End?
(7) What’s your favorite selfie spot?
(8) How many times a month do you drop $50+ on a bar tab?
(9) Price’s Chicken Coop or the gas station fried chicken?
(10) How would you feel about taking a bank job someday?
(11) If we were both bankers and had a child, would we both take the full 16 weeks paid paternity leave?
(12) Will you unmatch me if I say I hate hiking?
(13) Have you posted an Instagram from the peak at Crowder’s Mountain?
(14) Does the commute from my place to yours require any amount of time on I-485?
(15) What does Cam’s headscarf have to do with his throwing ability?
(16) Would you rather buy from a boutique like Girl Tribe or buy pre-loved from Buffalo Exchange?
(17) I see from your profile you live in Indian Trail, so who’s your favorite NASCAR driver?