Zippity Outdoor Products is a product line of WamBam Fence that manufactures vinyl and aluminum fence that is designed for the Do-It-Yourself customer.
We are passionate about Customer Service and require that all Zippity Outdoor Products employees- regardless of the position are willing to go above and beyond for our customers and their co-workers. We are looking for someone who loves talking with customers with understanding and the willingness to solve their problems. All new employees will start out briefly in the warehouse. This is part of on-the-job training designed to accelerate your knowledge of our products to help set you up for success in this position. This is a full time 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Seasonal hours will vary during peak months of April-June. Some Saturdays may be necessary during peak season as well.
You will be on the front lines of:
• General Customer Service inquiries.
• Answer phones, assist or transfer to correct person.
• Provide technical expertise and support to customers who have installation questions (you will be given plenty of time to be comfortable with this).
• Follow up on sample kits sent to potential customers.
• Manage LTL, UPS and FedEx Claims.
• Customer returns.
• Online chat with customers.
• Respond to general customer email box.
• Assist sales team as needed.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. You need to come across on the phone with warmth and enthusiasm.
• Good at gently delivering and navigating bad news regarding uncontrollable issues such as shipping problems.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to think creatively.
• Easy going, confident, friendly, fun to be around.
• Detailed oriented.
• Loves to improve the process and make it better
• Embraces a lean culture and works towards a lean environment
• Proficient with software systems such as Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word)
• Able to navigate new software systems with ease. We use Odoo, which is a web-based accounting and ordering system that is not common. We will provide training, but we need a candidate who can grasp new software easily.
• 1-2 years of Customer Service experience – but willing to train the right person.
Compensation, perks and benefits:
• $15-$16 per hour based on experience
• We offer 2 weeks of paid vacation (accrued), 5 PTO days and 8 holidays.
• We strive to provide a fun work culture by providing breakfast on Tuesday mornings and monthly team lunches. We have a dedicated formula in which we share profits amongst employees. We are growing and provided our growth continues, these are usually opportunities for growth and advancement for the right employee.
Why work with us:
We are looking for a team player and someone who will jive with the rest of us in our growth environment. Above all, we are looking for someone to always go the extra mile for the customer. We take our product seriously, but not ourselves too seriously so you will need to be light-hearted and fun, yet not afraid of hard work. We enjoy a laugh every now and again and since we are a small office, we value relationships with each other. It’s an open office environment and our company culture is slightly zany and whimsical. As such, we are not a typical corporate outfit. You are not going to be tightly managed or asked to follow rigid guidelines, so you must be a self-motivated person who can “figure it out”.
We aspire to a “2 Second Lean” culture which is based on the book by the same title (Author Paul Akers). 2 Second Lean is all about continuous improvement. We have fun with this and have found that to really thrive an employee must enjoy 2 Second Lean and the continual improvement of trying to make things better, one second at a time. If you enjoy grassroots entrepreneurialism, a light-hearted work atmosphere and like to be able to “roll up your sleeves and pitch in”, we will probably be a good fit for you. Because we are a small company, there is no such things as “this isn’t my job”. We all pitch in and work together to make sure that our customers are happy. We are looking for a candidate who is smart, on the ball, great with people, has excellent phone skills and will be passionate about helping our customers!