The Lunch Project (TLP) is a non-profit organization based in Charlotte, NC with a mission to give children the fuel to learn. We fund community-run lunch programs in Tanzanian Primary Schools and raise awareness about our mission and the communities we serve through educational initiatives in local schools and community groups.
The Lunch Project is seeking an independently driven individual with a strong desire to strategically work with The Lunch Project to scale our lunch programs in Tanzania. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors for The Lunch Project and will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for The Lunch Project’s staff, volunteers, expansion and execution of its mission. Other key duties include fundraising, communications and marketing.
This is a full-time position that is based in Charlotte, NC and offers some opportunity to travel.
Organization mission and strategy
• Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that TLP’s community-run lunch programs continue to sustainably operate and expand.
• Work with TLP’s implementing partner, The Foundation For Tomorrow, to ensure ongoing, successful operation of the lunch programs. This will include communications with TLP’s in-country coordinator in Tanzania.
• Actively research, engage with and vet potential new partners to support the communities served by our lunch programs.
• Provide program direction and leadership and recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals for expansion.
• Work with the current Board of Directors to continue to develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors.
Financial performance and viability
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of The Lunch Project, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Fundraising and engagement
• Create and implement a development plan that incorporates a range of strategies including annual appeals, special events and major donors, grants, corporate and individual appeals.
• Develop and implement an overarching donor stewardship plan that includes reporting, recognition, relationship-building activities and communications for donors at all giving levels.
• Manage and maintain the accuracy of our donor database and process all gifts and acknowledgments in a timely manner.
• Manage and cultivate relationships with new and existing individual, foundation, faith-based and corporate donors.
• Oversee and plan various fundraising events, in conjunction with a volunteer Event Planning Committee.
• Point person for peer to peer fundraising efforts.
Communications and marketing
• Responsible for the creation, management and implementation of The Lunch Project’s communications and marketing strategies using various channels including print, social media, website, email, etc.
• Manage the production of tailored communications to assist with marketing, fundraising and cultivation initiatives.
• Manage the production of and periodic updates to The Lunch Project’s marketing collateral.
• Oversee updates and maintenance of The Lunch Project’s website.
Skills and requirements:
• Passion for the mission of The Lunch Project and international community development.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 3 or more years of management, communications, marketing, event planning and development related work for a non-profit organization.
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
• Proven writing, editing and verbal communication skills. Grant writing experience preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, proactive, self-starting administrator with the disposition to work in a virtual environment.
• Strong public speaking ability.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive and CRM.
• Salary will be based on experience
• Full-time (position may include occasional evenings and weekends and some international travel).
Send a resume, a cover letter that includes why you are interested in working for The Lunch Project and one writing sample to email@example.com with “Executive Director” in the subject line.