Ranger Construction Company is a commercial general contractor specializing in upfits, renovation and maintenance of office, industrial and medical properties in Charlotte and surrounding areas. Our Project Coordinators work closely with our Project Managers and Superintendents to coordinate, organize and manage communications and documentation relating to our projects. We have a fast-paced, casual, open office environment where a focus on customer service and a can-do attitude are required. Ranger offers competitive benefits, including paid time off, holiday pay, medical, dental and vision insurance and Simple IRA. Hours are 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (full-time, non-exempt).
• Set up and manage projects in construction software program (Spectrum).
• Set up and maintain project files; communicate daily via emails and phone with Project Managers, superintendents, subcontractors and customers.
• Generate/manage proposals, project contracts, subcontracts and change orders.
• Create and maintain project schedules using MS Project.
• Generate and communicate project meeting minutes and updates.
• Assist Project Managers with submittals and project material orders.
• Generate and communicate punch lists with project team.
• Collect and prepare project closeout documents (books, discs, drop box, etc.).
• Generate project pay applications and related documentation.
• Assist Project Manager with accounts receivable collections.
• Assist with office administrative roles: answer phones, accept deliveries, process mail, filing, set up meetings, etc.
• Cross-train with other Project Coordinators and office staff.
Requirements and qualifications:
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Project, Word and Excel.
• AIA (construction contracts, change orders and pay applications) experience.
• Accounting experience/education.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Professional written and phone communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, open office environment.
• Great people skills with focus on customer service.
• Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Ability to problem solve in an independent, creative and enthusiastic manner.
• Experience in commercial construction or related educational background a plus.
• Construction plan review experience a plus.