Marketing Measurement Consultant (HIRED)
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Marketing and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI’s focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster and partner effectively.
Within Marketing, this role is part of the Marketing Strategic Capabilities & Insights (MSCI) organization. MSCI’s role is to lead the creation of world-class marketing technologies, social capabilities & platforms, digital customer experiences and insights and analytics to enable industry-leading revenue growth, scale and efficiency for Wells Fargo.
Specifically this position reports to Marketing Measurement, which is a critical group within MSCI. The team brings accountability to the Marketing organization by empirically estimating the incremental contributions of Marketing to the business and the performance of each campaign and marketing initiatives. Its charter also includes providing guidance to the organization as to the optimal levels of program investments and allocations across businesses, marketing channels, sales channels, audiences and time to achieve forecast sales goals. To that end, the team is charged with developing and maintaining all the Marketing Mix Modeling, Multi-touch Attribution, Test and Control Models, Audience, Targeting Models, Opportunity Sizing, Sales Planning and Forecasting as well as Numerical Optimization Tools that provide the backbone of past Marketing performance measurements and future investment optimizations. All while reducing risk and driving operational efficiencies.
This Marketing Campaign Measurement Consultant will be a key member of the Marketing Measurement team within Marketing Insights and Analytics with responsibilities for direct channel and digital campaign opportunity assessments, forecasting, test design and post-campaign analysis, including financial impact. Opportunities will also exist for report building through database tools such as SQL/SAS from data distributed across multiple platforms. Collaboration with our business partners as well as initiative and ideation will be critical to the success of this position.
This role will focus on the measurement of new products targeted within PVSI deposit campaigns. This Analyst will work closely with marketing leaders in the execution of business priorities and specific marketing needs.
Key responsibilities include:
• Pre-campaign opportunity assessments.
• Campaign forecasting.
• Campaign design of experiment.
• Post-campaign reads.
• Post-campaign performance deep dives.
• Ad-hoc reporting/analysis as needs come up.
• Determining campaign trends by target segment and offer type.
• 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following, reporting, analytics or modeling or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following, reporting, analytics or modeling
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis.
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience analyzing metrics and articulating data trends.
• Teradata experience.
• Ability to synthesize data to form a story and align information to contrast or compare to industry perspective and historical business trends.
• Experience consulting with internal clients and business.
• Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to complex analytical questions.
• Ability to manage complex data and reporting projects requiring coordination of resources at different levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to quickly establish credibility to build and maintain effective working relationships.
• Knowledge and understanding of marketing in the financial services industry.
• Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills.
• 3+ years in marketing analytics.
• Direct Mail Test/Control experience.
• Digital awareness/experience with 3rd party vendors and marketing practices.
• Familiarity/Exposure to Marketing mix and attribution modeling.