Let Me Run is a nonprofit wellness program that inspires boys to be themselves, be active and belong. With a comprehensive curriculum that applies the power of running, the program encourages boys to develop their psychological, emotional and social health, in addition to their physical health. Each fall and spring season culminates in a 5k race festival that celebrates the boys’ personal growth. Let Me Run is headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
This position plays a key role in the overall fundraising efforts for Let Me Run. The organization is seeking a team member that is detail-focused, customer-service oriented and can support all aspects of our fundraising efforts. The position is primarily a gifts processing role and supports donor recognition and stewardship efforts but will also include general office operations responsibilities to support the headquarters office in Charlotte, NC. The Development Associate is a part-time position (~ 25 hrs/wk) and will report to the Director of Development.
Development Associate (75%)
• Gift Acceptance and Processing including draft and prepare timely acknowledgment letters and ensuring accurate donation and donor records in database.
• Improve donation processing and streamline processes to maximize departmental efficiency and optimize donor experience.
• Ensure database integrity, maintaining a high level of detail-oriented accuracy and perform basic reporting.
• Manage data import through third party donation systems.
• Liaise with the finance department to ensure reconciliation between accounting systems and donor database.
• Support volunteer management efforts for all donors.
• Support stewardship and cultivation efforts.
• Support the production of departmental events throughout the year, in both planning and execution.
• Provide departmental administrative support for department as needed.
Operations Assistant (25%)
• Scholarship registration form entry not entered by site coordinator.
• Assist in tracking and managing number of scholarships and funding sources by region.
• Other office administrative tasks as needed by the staff – not to exceed 25% of time.
• Minimum 2 years of Development experience preferred.
• Recent experience using a current generation fundraising database.
• Ability to engage a diverse group of individuals in both verbal and written conversation.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to learn new computer programs quickly.
• Interest in youth development a plus.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line.