Skookum is growing! We’re working on really interesting custom technology projects that span mobile, web, watch and the Internet of Things. We rarely do anything twice. We expect you to tinker, we expect you to be brilliant and most of all, we expect you to have fun! You’re not here to fill a vacant cog in our wheel. You’ll be here to improve the skills of our collective team. In short, this job doesn’t exist without you.
About the role:
As a Product Designer, you will work closely with Skookum clients and team members – Product, Development and QA – to conceptualize and craft seamless user experiences that support business objectives.
You will be involved in product strategy from the very beginning, offering your knowledge and unique expertise to help shape product direction and turn ideas and concepts into a workable design. You will produce wireframes, prototypes, style guides and hi-fidelity designs to explore, experiment and ultimately advocate for simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
You must be able to balance pixel-perfect attention to detail with low-fidelity design choices. At Skookum, we firmly believe that user feedback and data evolve products. Meetings and presentations are necessary to build consensus and achieve buy-in, but working software is the ultimate validation of any single approach.
• 5+ years professional experience.
• Experience leading the design efforts for one or more successful – successfully shipped or successfully downloaded – online or mobile products. You know great UX and you can walk us through your portfolio and tell a compelling story about the hard decisions and compromises you had to make along the way.
• You understand why we have UI best practices and you don’t try to reinvent drop-downs with each new project. You want the interface to look as polished as possible, but you also value a good hard deadline.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of an organization. You design it, you pitch it. -Nobody hides behind project managers here.
• An insatiable curiosity and a constant drive to do and be better. You download new apps and take screenshots. You try out new design tools. You attend industry events. You do stuff on the side. You love what you do, you want to be great at it and you know there’s always something new to learn.
We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO. We believe in work/life balance and downright frown upon overworking yourself. We offer competitive perks including continuing education opportunities, team lunches every Friday, small, dynamic teams and Open PTO.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.