This position is a lead role with the responsibility of leading a team of 4-10 night employees in organizing, storing and stocking all equipment, materials and merchandise within the selling floor and in overstock.
• Checks conditions and prices of stock on shelf as stock is replenished. Rotates older stock to the front of the shelf.
• Determines method of storage, identification and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities and required space.
• Moves or transports material or supplies to other departments.
• Arranges new stock in a clean, neat and orderly manner that is attractive to the customer.
• May count, sort or weigh incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
• Examines stock to verify conformance to specification.
• Stores articles in bins, on floor or on shelves, according to identifying information such as style, size or type of material.
• Marks identifying codes, figures or letters on articles if needed.
• This position is responsible for directly supervising 4-10 employees.
• Identify the needs of others and coach, mentor or otherwise help them to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Hours for this position may vary however you must be available to work 2-11 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university or 4 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to manage multiple high priority tasks concurrently.
• Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
• Must be able to communicate information and ideas through written and verbal forms so others will understand.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
• This position reports directly to the Store Manager.