Senior Software Development Engineer
The Senior Software Development Engineer position will report to the OvrC Platform Team Manager and is primarily responsible for implementing software system features and enhancements by providing input when evaluating the infrastructure, applications and APIs for the OvrC cloud. From writing complex multi-subsystem APIs for public consumption to making architectural changes to applications– this role must be comfortable facing a variety of tasks. The Senior Platform Developer must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that is goal-oriented and emphasizes accountability for delivering results.
• Develop server applications and APIs for the OvrC cloud.
• Provide guidance into emerging technology options as new tools are explored.
• Research technologies for potential use in OvrC servers and develop proof-of-concept applications.
• Lead coding standards and practices.
• Assist and help troubleshoot issues in development and production.
• Collaborate with OvrC team members to define application design requirements.
• Participate in peer reviews of developed software and unit tests.
• Collaborate with the team to continuously improve our standards of clean code, automated testing coverage and adoption of cloud-native development techniques.
• High School Degree or equivalent.
• 5+ years’ experience developing software platforms and/or applications.
• Experience with distributed, n-tier software systems.
• Experience with strongly-typed, C-based languages, such as C#, Java, GoLang.
• Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or MSSQL.
• Knowledge of source code management systems such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Experience working with Linux/Unix operating systems.
• Experience working with non-relational databases such as MongoDB.
• Experience in SLDC and agile software development.
• Experience with Agile tools JIRA/LeanKit or another Kanban.
SnapAV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.