The Communications Manager at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (Whitewater) is responsible for projecting and extending the reach of Whitewater’s brand across all communication platforms. This position, within the Marketing Department, has a strong influence on the strategic direction, communications, public relations and management of the organization.
Through internal and external collaboration, this position will identify and manage all public relations, communication and distribution needs. This position will lead the organization’s efforts in building, maintaining and leveraging strategic relationships within national and local communities, media outlets, business affiliates and industry partners. Tasked with the communication and distribution of Whitewater’s marketing efforts, this position will be the “face” and the “voice” of the brand.
• An active, leadership-level contributor in decisions related to the strategic direction of the Whitewater brand including marketing, operations, product deployments and business unit development.
• Strong emphasis on delivering value and building the business through new revenue streams and product offerings in addition to performing analytical research on consumer trends and business growth.
• Serve as Whitewater’s primary contact in communications with the public and Whitewater constituents.
• Manage internal communication projects and deliverables across all departments throughout the organization.
• Continually develop relationships with all Whitewater constituents including industry partners, government entities, etc.
• Consistently increase authentic coverage of Whitewater through building and leveraging relationships with national and local media outlets and industry partners.
• Leverage media and other third parties relationships to support Whitewater marketing efforts.
• Convey company expectations and standards, provide necessary resources and practice accountability across departments.
• Evaluate business processes and communication mediums across all departments and identify areas of development.
• Efficient and effective management of project planning and execution including the coordination of internal and external personnel.
• 4+ years of relevant work experience – branding and/or B2C marketing experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
• MBA strongly preferred.
• A strategic, critical thinker and creative problem solver.
• Intellectual curiosity and an analytical mindset.