WFAE seeks an experienced professional to help advance the strategic fundraising efforts with growing leadership annual gifts ($1,200+) and planned gifts from individual donors. Primarily focused on managing relationships with a portfolio of donors from across the greater Charlotte region, this Development Officer will also spend time supporting events and donor research, plus other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of successful donor-facing fundraising experience (annual or major gifts) with a mission-driven organization and a strong understanding of Moves Management strategies. Experience in public radio is not a requirement, but a passion for public media is preferred. The development team is poised to expand on the work of two primary revenue streams, membership and corporate development, to make leadership annual gifts, planned gifts and grants more significant components of a $7.5MM budget.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team with a respected and well-loved media organization. An attractive and competitive compensation package can be structured to meet the needs of the successful candidate.
• Manage a portfolio of donors making leadership annual gifts of $1,200+ to significantly grow outright gifts and planned gift commitments while working collaboratively with development team, President/CEO and Board of Directors.
• Assist with planning leadership donor events, completing in-depth donor research and processing regular donor communications.
• Support colleagues in membership, corporate development and content with quarterly on-air fundraising campaigns, a diverse portfolio of events, including some evening and weekend work and developing connections with the regional business and civic communities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience implementing and growing an annual fund, membership or similar program that has produced significant results.
• Exceptional communicator with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Adaptive, donor-centered approach to Moves Management fundraising.
• A natural problem-solver and self-starter who has the drive and intellect to define potential solutions as informed by data.
• Intellectually curious, strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Values personal integrity, teamwork, diversity and civil discourse.
• Comfortable with technology, including CRM systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Development Officer” in the subject line.