Love chicken sandwiches? Good news, here’s a quick list and drool-worthy photos of 19 must-try chicken sandwiches in Charlotte.
While both Popeyes and Chick-fil-A are tasty, this list only compromises hometown chicken sandwiches.
Chicken sandwiches are listed in no specific order (this is not a ranking). OK, let’s talk chicken.
(1) Spiedie’s Chicken Sandwich — Reid’s
Spiedie-marinated chicken breast (so good) topped with homemade pimento cheese on a fancy bun.
(2) Fried Chicken Sandwich — King’s Kitchen
Buttermilk battered chicken breast, honey mustard slaw, Duke’s mayonnaise and house pickles on a grilled potato bun. Other tasty King’s Kitchen sandwiches include the fried bologna sandwich, copain country panini and oyster po’boy.
(3) Sammie the Chicken — Kre8 Gastropub Wooden Robot
Pan seared chicken, bacon jam, avocado, kale & sunflower pesto, arugula and ranch.
(4) Chicken-N-Biscuit — Suffolk Punch
Flash fried chicken and scrambled eggs topped with a peppercorn-chive gravy on a homemade biscuit.
(5) Appalachian Yard Bird Fried Chicken Sandwich — Midwood Smokehouse
Topped with creamy pimento cheese, angry pickles on a brioche bun. Midwood has a second chicken sandwich worth ordering as well — it’s their Pollo Texano tossed in honey chipolte glaze, apple-jalapeño slaw, and angry pickles on a brioche bun.
(6) Israeli Hot Chicken Sandwich — Yafo
Spicy red schug slathered chicken schnitzel on a bun with red cabbage slaw. It’s brand new and packs some heat.
(7) The Beaut — Bossy Beulah’s Chicken Shack
Joyce Farms chicken breast, pickles, and Duke’s mayo on a Copain bun. The chicken is brined and then buttermilk-soaked before being seasoned with salt and pepper, floured and deep-fried.
(8) Crispy Chicken Sandwich — Hello, Sailor
Topped with lettuce, pickles and mayonnaise and served with choice of fries, house salad, coleslaw or watermelon pastor.
(9) Chicken Finger Sub — Bisonte Pizza Co
Chicken fingers tossed in buffalo sauce with lettuce and tomato topped with homemade blue cheese.
(10) Chicken Torta — Sav/Way Foods
With over 20 different types of tortas, Sav Way is an authentic sandwich-lovers paradise. Foodies love it there. This football-sized torta on fresh bread is stuffed with chicken, avocado, cheese, jalapeños, onions, lettuce and mayonnaise.
(11) Chicken Sammy — The Asbury
Caramelized onion and thyme aioli, country ham, cheddar and Bread & Butter Pickles.
(12) Panko Chicken Sandwich — Eight & Sand
Made with fried panko-breaded NC free range chicken, red cabbage slaw, pickled onions, honey, Duke’s mayo and pickle on a toasted brioche roll.
(13) Fried Chicken Sandwich — The Crunkleton
Crispy buttermilk chicken, seasonal pickles topped with hot chile honey on a brioche bun.
(14) Big John Sandwich — Pinky’s
6 ounce chicken breast (fried or grilled) with swiss, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and topped with honey mustard.
(15) Billy D’s Fried Chicken Sandwich — Haymaker
Fried chicken with celery seed slaw, B&B pickles and white BBQ sauce on a house-made potato bun.
(16) Hot Chicken Sandwich – The Waterman
Fried chicken with a spicy glaze, lettuce, tomato, house-made pickle, and mayo on a potato bun.
(17) Cajun Filet Biscuit with Pimento Cheese — Bojangles’
Cajun-spiced chicken breast filet topped with pimento cheese on a made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuit.
(18) Buffalo Fried Chicken Sandwich — Fran’s Filling Station
Topped with bacon and blue cheese mayo.
(19) Juicy Jay’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich — Legion Brewing SouthPark
Wood grilled chicken with a spicy wing rub and topped with Juicy Jay slaw, spicy honey, bread and butter pickles, and tomato on brioche roll.
Looking for more Charlotte food and drink guides? Here’s a complete list of Agenda guides including best burgers, best bars, best new restaurants, best weekly specials, best pizza, best cocktail bars, and best brunch.