Executive Assistant – Office Management & Administration
The Executive Assistant – Office Management & Administration is responsible for management and administration of the President/CEO’s office. Core responsibilities include providing senior-level administrative support, calendar and email management, communications to internal and external constituents as well as direct supervision of the Executive Assistant (EA) – Administration. This position is expected to work collaboratively with the EA – Administration to manage the President/CEO’s work. This role requires strong organizational and time management skills, as well as flexibility and adaptability within a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure the effective operation of the President’s office including the confidential handling of all communications and gracious representation of the President and the Foundation to a variety of constituents.
• Regularly required to resolve complex administrative problems independently. Perform tasks that are diverse and advanced, usually with deadline pressures.
• Manage extremely complex calendar of appointments. Serve in “gatekeeper” and “gateway” roles, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
• Primary calendar responsibility for approximately 35/40 meetings per week.
• Prepare daily meeting folders and direct EA – Administration in materials/research that may be needed as contents for these folders.
• Handle all logistical needs for meetings, including room reservations, catering, technology, conference call set-ups, etc. with assistance of EA – Administration.
• Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence (including emails) and collaborate with EA – Administration for communication responses.
• Receive incoming calls to the President’s office, respond to inquiries and make referrals as appropriate.
• Greet guests and visitors to executive offices.
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal departments, demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management and all Foundation team members.
• Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Act as a “barometer” having a sense for the issues taking place in the work environment and keeping President/CEO updated.
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
• Update and maintain contact information for President/CEO in MS Outlook.
• Pick up/sort incoming mail on daily basis.
• Working knowledge of the Foundation’s organization, services and civic initiatives.
• Assist, as needed, on special projects and meetings with other nonprofit organizations, civic leaders, top executives and donors.
• Creates and maintains filing system(s) in coordination with EA – Administration.
• Assist President/CEO in personal appointments, as needed.
• Serve as back up for EA – Administration.
• College education preferred or equivalent professional administrative experience.
• 7 to 10 years of experience as an executive assistant to a senior level manager.
• Experience with and comfortable interacting with C-suite executives.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
• Superior computer skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong PowerPoint and presentation development skills.
• Initiator who is conscientious, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
• Customer service oriented.
• Positive attitude, tactful, punctual and team-oriented.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively with others.
• Personally committed to high quality work.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.