Senior Staff Accountant
Come join the SentryOne team and help accelerate the growth of the hottest software company in Charlotte. We’re the one that makes SQL databases run faster and better with our suite of software programs. SQL is the default choice for any company running data analysis. Because the amount of data is growing at a rate of 100% every two years, this market is massive and ripe with opportunity. SentryOne has been growing at high double-digit rates for many years with a goal to exceed $100M in sales within the next three years.
As a member of the 8 person Finance team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. Your position starts with recurring monthly accounting and reporting activities but with a consistent focus on ways to drive better decisions through actionable information. For you “Closing the books” enables a deeper understanding of the business and you are continually looking for opportunities to improve our processes. You’re the savvy accountant who understands the business and can proactively communicate what is needed. A team player at heart, you collaborate cross-functionally, evangelize best practices, move fast while keeping attention to detail and flex your problem-solving muscle to support SentryOne’s business needs.
• Assume significant responsibility around month-end closing activities, including reconciliation preparation for various accounts/processes and journal entries.
• Ownership of the accounts payable cycle, from invoice to payment.
• Manage the company’s Travel and Expense policy and review employee expense reports.
• Manage the companies various banking relationships.
• Work collaboratively with the finance team and other departments to understand business processes and Ad hoc projects as requested.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies.
• Coordinate requests and questions from external auditors.
• Initiate and lead projects that are focused on improving efficiencies across the organization.
• Analytical thinker. Highly versatile thinker who can assimilate knowledge and understanding across different products, technologies, disciplines, etc.
• Team-oriented. Comfortable working in a team of highly-qualified, technical and motivated employees.
• Flexible and resourceful. Thrives in a dynamic, growth business where new challenges are the order of the day.
• Innovative. Comes up with novel ideas and approaches to new opportunities that set us apart from the crowd and result in exceptional performance.
• Communicator. Effective at verbal and written communication – can translate complex ideas simply.
• Collaborative. Incredibly effective with people, e.g., knows how to understand and learn from people, motivates enthusiasm and can drive decision-making.
• 3 + years of relevant experience, preferably in a high-tech environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Outstanding attention to detail and ability to deliver timely and accurate product in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Experience with SaaS based financial and accounting software required.
Why work with us:
We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth while empowering our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun and continue our track record as of one of Charlotte’s best places to work along the way, even better. If you’re looking for a diverse, creative, hard-working team to challenge you and advance your career – look no further than SentryOne!
Benefits and perks
• Free catered lunches on Friday.
• An on-site fitness center with top-end (Peloton and Rogue) equipment.
• Endless amounts of coffee beans to make whatever suits your fancy.
• Outstanding benefits package including a 401K.
• Casual office environment where jeans and flip flops are acceptable. #NoSuits
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SentryOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.