The Business Control Manager is a member of the Global Procurement (GP) – Procurement Strategy and Enablement team. The team is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing performance support and change for the Global Procurement organization and for defining and executing Procurement strategy, initiatives, process improvements and reporting. The Business Control Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating an initiative related the management of fourth-party risk and its alignment with the organization’s strategy and goals. This individual will partner with key stakeholders to define future state process, controls and reporting that improve the Bank’s oversight and management of fourth-party risk. The role requires skills necessary to coordinate, influence and collaborate with internal Global Procurement teammates and external stakeholders such as Front Line Unit/Control Function partners, Compliance and Operational Risk partners and Corporate Audit.
Role and responsibilities:
• Work with GP process owners to establish target state process, controls, governance and reporting and ensure process changes are incorporated into change management routines.
• Creation, execution and oversight of business project plans and issue action plans.
• Liaise with key stakeholders and participate in related improvement initiatives and remediation of Self-Identified Audit Issues.
• Ownership of necessary management routines to successfully execute initiative responsibilities and provide leadership updates.
Skills and attributes:
• BS/BA degree required.
• Experience in third-party management, Procurement or related discipline, including familiarity with systems and tools.
• Strong project management experience.
• Strong attention to detail and strategic thinking.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to tailor message to audience.
• Ability to positively interact with senior leadership.
• Independently driven, high bias for action.
• Ability to think critically and apply a risk management mindset to data analytics.
• Ability to navigate in a highly complex organization and operate effectively in changing environment.
• Experience in Process Design & Process Improvement (e.g. six sigma certification).