Assistant Sales Manager
Located in Myers Park, in the Selwyn Avenue shopping area, Paper Twist is a specialty paper boutique and gift shop carrying designers such Bella Figura, Haute Papier, Sugar Paper, Rifle Paper and many more. We are always looking for the next exciting, useful product and are excited to get our hands on a new pen, notepad or desk accessory. Since opening our doors in 2008, we remain passionate about personalized stationery and invitations, helping our customers find stylish organization solutions and love a beautifully wrapped gift.
The Assistant Sales Manager is a full-time position that is a key contributor to generate sales, helps create a store environment that inspires our customers and plays a major role with store operations. We are looking for individuals who are experienced in retail and love selling, merchandising and can bring projects to completion on time. This role is well-suited for a self-motivated professional who enjoys working with a team and having input in store operations. We are an owner operated business and pride ourselves on phenomenal customer service and an energetic, happy environment for both our customers and employees.
• Achieve/exceed personal sales goals and performance metrics while working as a team member to contribute to the overall store’s total revenue goals.
• Provide a dynamic shopping experience for our customers. Connect with customers and anticipate their needs.
• Conduct consultations for custom stationery/invitations.
• Oversee customer special orders.
• Daily Operations: opening and closing retail store.
• Day-to-day management of part-time team and daily store duties.
• Gift wrapping. Ensure quality services are provided with care.
• implement product and visual merchandising strategy.
• Monitor Inventory levels, ensure merchandise is re-stocked.
• Play a key role in our physical inventory process every 6 months.
• Retail expertise with at least 3 years luxury brand sales experience.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Ability to build, nurture and maintain client relationships.
• Ability to cultivate a store environment that engages our customers.
• Focus, creativity, eye for detail.
• Capable of juggling various tasks with care.
• Willingness to go above and beyond, no matter the situation.
• Proactive, self-directing, willingness to learn.
• Proven performer in achieving individual and team sales goals.
• Ability to wrap a beautiful gift and tie a gorgeous bow.
• Knowledge of social etiquette.
• Uphold company policies and procedures with care.
• Proficient computer skills.
The Assistant Sales Manager role will be a full-time position and will include weekend and evening shifts. During the 4th quarter, we will rely on this key staff member to be with us to ensure a successful holiday and this will require extra hours.