Elements Brands owns a variety of consumer products companies that started as hidden gems with loyal followings. Our team of experts amplifies their awesome attributes and untapped potential, while retaining each brand’s original name and soul. Named one of Charlotte Best Places to work in 2017 & 2018 as well as a Charlotte Fast 50 Company, we have a results-focused work environment filled with employees who thrive in our fast-paced, “drink from the fire hose” mentality. Elements Brands is located in Lower South End just around the corner from OMB. Learn more about each of our individual brands at ElementsBrands.com.
As a Content Strategist, you’ll play a lead role in defining and executing our content strategy across our portfolio of consumer brands’ websites. You’ll be tasked with developing content for our existing branded websites as well as leading the launch on new non-branded websites (think product review websites). The ideal candidate will have experience as a lead writer and editor, a progressive knowledge of SEO best practices and will be able to execute a data-informed content strategy.
What you will do:
• Evaluate competitor websites and ensure our content strategy is differentiated, relevant to search intent and effective at driving significant traffic on search engines.
• Revive or prune outdated content. Write new copy for SEO optimized landing pages, resource guides, industry news and shareable digital materials.
• Develop a quarterly content calendar and manage in-house and outsourced copywriters to ensure output expectations are achieved.
• Collaborate across departments to ensure content projects are prioritized and executed quickly.
• Manage a budget for contracted copywriters.
• Report on content production and user metrics representative of content effectiveness.
Our ideal candidate:
• We’re looking for a proven leader with at least 3 years of experience as a content strategist or editor.
• Familiarity with the consumer goods industry, brand building and is current on SEO best practices a plus.
• Can balance content production with highly qualitative output. Is always obsessing over ways to make our content stand out.
• Can adapt writing styles based on brand and website purpose (educational vs transactional).
• Has experience with project management systems (bonus if you have Asana and Trello experience) and is excellent at managing cross-function workflows.
• Experience in research journalism a plus.
• Mastery of WordPress required and Shopify is a plus.
• Commensurate with experience.
• Paid vacation and holidays.
• Healthcare and 401(k) available.
Submit resume via email to email@example.com with the subject “Content Strategist Application”. All resumes should be sent as PDF attachments (not MS Word). Any applications not submitted as PDF or without the correct subject line will not be considered.