VP of Talent Development
We’re on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. As a Talent & Human Resources team, we strive to deliver innovative talent solutions that enable every Xer to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world-class company. We do this with an uncompromising commitment to courage, integrity and trust. We’re not about policies and what people cannot do. We’re about people being unleashed to be the best they can be, unconstrained by how things have always been done. We move quickly knowing that our ability to impact the organization is critical to Avid’s success. We understand the business and readily contribute beyond the traditional boxes of “HR”. The values and culture that make Avid tick aren’t just hanging on the wall – they live in the decisions and actions we make each day and through who we are as a team. Do you have what it takes to be an awesome teammate and join us on this mission?
The VP, Talent Development will lead the design, implementation and evaluation of talent management and development programs for Avidxchange. This role will provide substantial opportunity for both vision and execution as we further develop the talent management function for our company. This role will partner with business leaders, Managers and Xers to design and implement talent strategies as well as Team Member and Team Leader development programs for the organization. Based on these inputs, they will create a vision for Talent Development that aligns with the Avidxchange culture and then translates that vision into an execution-driven implementation plan. These initiatives will allow the company to improve business performance while strengthening the organization for continued growth. This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Human Capital & Talent Management.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, high energy, collaborative leader who has experience with talent development in fast-growth organizations, has strong business acumen, subject matter expertise in Leadership & Organizational Development and a proven track record of working independently to build and lead a progressive talent development strategy.
• Responsible for the onboarding, goal setting, performance assessment, performance development and career management processes and programs for AvidXchange.
• Responsible for driving business success through organizational and Xer development strategies and programs.
• Architect and execute integrated talent development programs and processes to drive professional growth and accountability across the organization.
• Design, build and ensure delivery of focused development content and curriculum for Avidxchange managers and leaders.
• Design, build and ensure delivery of focused development content and curriculum for Avidxchange team members and new hire onboarding and training.
• Consult with business leaders to understand their leadership and management development needs for input and the appropriate sponsorship, engagement and alignment.
• Track and drive measures of success/impact such as business results, ROI, enhanced talent pipeline, retention and new behaviors clearly demonstrated.
• Design, implement and lead a scalable talent planning process for the Company that is forward-looking, actionable and drives measurable results.
• In partnership with the SVP of HR, support annual talent programs such as the Talent Management Review, Succession Planning, Leadership Summits, etc.
• Champion the development of high potentials and high performers identified in the Talent Management Review, ensure creation and follow through on developmental action plans agreed to with their managers.
• In partnership with the SVP of HR, act as a talent expert across the organization, staying current on trends within talent management and Xer engagement, sharing best practices and key findings.
• Leads a Manager and his/her team that is focused on delivering Operations Training to new hires that results in increased speed to competency and performance.
• Leverage multiple delivery methods (ILT, virtual ILT, video, online, etc.) to ensure training is easy to consume and take into account limited employee capacity.
• Partners with external vendors where appropriate.
• Creates a business plan and budget for design and execution that is managed efficiently and transparently.
• Lead relevant internal communication and engagement efforts to ensure that Xers have knowledge of and access to curriculum and development opportunities.
• Create real-time, easy access to resources via technology apps and virtual sites that puts the learner at the center of control for their development.
• Support end-to-end governance to ensure that development interventions are relevant and reviewed on a regular and timely basis.
• Must be a high energy, collaborative leader who has subject matter expertise in Leadership, Organizational and Career Development and a proven track record of working independently to build and implement effective talent initiatives.
• A thought leader in the leadership development field with a natural curiosity for leveraging leading-edge practices across multiple fields and industries.
• Ability to innovate and challenge current norms to drive change in the organization and work with people of varying backgrounds and organizational levels.
• Demonstrated ability to translate business strategies into critical talent and workforce strategies/initiatives.
• Ability to improve talent and performance management practices.
• Ability to lead and drive organizational change initiatives from assessment through implementation.
• Process focus and experience, including Six Sigma methodologies, process flows, cycle time reduction, etc.
• Ability to execute on multiple projects with extensive detail coordination.
• Ability to navigate horizontally in the organization and create collaborative, cross-functional solutions.
• Strong communication and relationship management skills.
• Strong facilitation skills.
• Influencing and consulting skills.
• Stakeholder management.
• Excellent network builder.
Education, certification and license
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Organizational Development or related field.
• Master’s degree in a related field would be a plus.