Digital Marketing Specialist
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA) works to deliver experiences that uniquely enrich the lives of our visitors and residents. Through leadership in destination development, marketing and venue management expertise, the CRVA leads efforts to maximize the region’s economic potential through visitor spending, creating jobs and opportunities for the community. Brands supported by the CRVA include the Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, Bojangles’ Entertainment Complex, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Regional Film Commission and Visit Charlotte in conjunction with the region’s destination marketing brand, ‘Charlotte.’
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting the success of the CRVA’s digital properties and marketing strategy. This individual must be a detail-oriented multitasker with an ability to merge knowledge of digital experience with business priorities to execute effective digital initiatives. This role will support all CRVA brands, with an emphasis on the Bojangles’ Entertainment Complex and the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
Essential job duties:
• Support CRVA websites through the management of content and user experience as driven by each brand’s business initiatives.
• Execute updates and publish content across all CRVA websites with a primary focus on boplex.com and nascarhall.com.
• Collaborates with the digital team to update and craft new content for brand websites.
• Monitor and analyze performance of established marketing campaigns.
• Work at the direction of the Senior Brand Manager, Digital Experience to fulfill campaign reporting needs.
• Utilize email marketing platforms to create effective and engaging campaigns that drive awareness and online ticket sales.
• Coordinate with internal teams on timing and maintain quality control over email content, design and layout.
• Build and execute email automation tactics to support behavioral marketing strategies.
• Create insightful reports to analyze the effectiveness of email tactics and identify ways to improve efforts.
• Support SEO and SEM strategies set forth by the Senior Brand Manager, Digital Experience.
• Provide after hours support for CRVA social media channels on a rotating basis with other members of the digital team.
• Collaborate with departments across the company to aid individual business units in leveraging the digital space to help achieve their business goals.
• Assist the Senior Brand Manager, Digital Experience in collaborating with the company’s digital agency to support ongoing website development needs, as well as agency-managed digital paid media campaigns that include, but are not limited to, paid search, paid social, digital preroll and display.
• May perform other duties as required.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in information technology, marketing or communications and 3-5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite. HTML and SQL knowledge a plus.
• Experience with Google Analytics and/or web analytics application.
• Experience with email marketing platforms.
• Experience maintaining and improving website content via CMS.
• Ability to resize and crop images for digital application.
• Experience with Google Ads and/or digital advertising platform.
• Knowledge of online ticketing platforms a plus (i.e. Ticketmaster, Tessitura).
• Self-motivated team player with a positive outlook.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work within a team and across departments.
• Possess time management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated track record of detail-oriented execution of digital and/or marketing initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to work as an individual contributor with lean resources, take direction and give direction.
• Demonstrated understanding of best practices and ability to quickly understand and evaluate emerging technologies.
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.