Anne Neilson Fine Art is dedicated to being a lighthouse in Charlotte and beyond. With a focus on bettering our community, a portion of all sales are given directly to partnering non-profit organizations devoted to enriching the lives of those less fortunate.
The Gallery Sales Director requires an understanding and appreciation of art with a strong sales background, combined with business and marketing skills. This position is responsible for managing our roster of artists, maintaining and improving the artistic and commercial success of the gallery, including existing relationships with our clientele.
This position will require an extensive knowledge of art and market trends to promote and execute exhibitions that will appeal to our collectors and attract new clientele. This position will be responsible for upholding the gallery’s contract with its artists and will execute, promote and close sales accordingly.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist in the day to day operations of the gallery including, but not limited to greeting clients, closing sales, systems management, gallery upkeep, promoting the mission of ANFA and responding to emails and art inquires.
• Meet sales goals, develop and maintain client relationships.
• Oversee the execution of exhibitions, sales, marketing and community relations.
• Plan and participate in gallery events, receptions, installations and off-site client meetings.
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum 5 years sales experience.
• Knowledge of and passion for art.
• Daily management of social media accounts.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Basic administrative skills.
• Saturday availability and occasional evenings.
• Passion for philanthropy.
• Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
• Practical computer knowledge (experience with Macs are a plus).