Director, Operations & Guest Services
Embracing an inclusive, employee-first culture, the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority is the trusted leader of Charlotte’s visitor economy which elevates community prosperity through destination defining infrastructure, impactful branding and job growth. The mission of the NASCAR Hall of Fame (NHOF) is to drive economic impact for the Charlotte Region, honor the history and heritage of NASCAR, cultivate loyalty for both the NHOF and NASCAR through delivering a multi-faceted experience that is interactive, entertaining, educational, immersive and engaging.
The Director of Operations and Guest Services develops the strategic direction, supervision and daily operations of the NASCAR Hall of Fame (NHOF). Primary functions include: operations, guest services, admissions, audiovisual and parking management and serve as liaison and primary point of contact for NHOF tenants/partners.
Essential job duties:
• Oversees the daily operations, admissions, guest services, audiovisual and parking operations departments of the NHOF working with subordinate managers to ensure all services, equipment and staff are performing at an exceptional level.
• Ensures all customer service standards are developed and maintained. In turn, ensures those standards are effectively communicated all staff members at the NHOF and CRVA team members who work with the NHOF. Ensures the exceptional standards established and realized to date are maintained and continue to improve.
• In conjunction with subordinate managers, creates, monitors and revises the operations budget on an ongoing basis.
• Assists with identifying new sources of revenue for the NHOF and coordinates with the Director of Revenue and Business Management and other CRVA departments to capitalize on opportunities.
• Along with Director of Revenue and Business Development, monitors current programs to maximize revenue growth in balance with maximizing the customer experience.
• Oversees and/or coordinates event logistics plans with internal partners for unique and complex events held at the NHOF.
• Oversees the operations and/or contractual relationships for all CRVA parking facilities at the NHOF complex and Caldwell Street parking lot.
• Serves as liaison and primary point of contact for NHOF tenants and partners. Oversees the operations of and coordinate all activities with, these third-party tenants and partners to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures of the CRVA.
• Coordinates with all departments to ensure all customer groups’ expectations are met and facilities maintenance and cleanliness standards are met.
• As a part of the NHOF leadership team, is instrumental in developing and implementing the strategic direction of the NASCAR Hall of Fame in support of the vision and mission of CRVA.
• Serves on the CRVA Director Leadership team and assists with development and implementation of CRVA Strategic Plan.
• Maintains awareness of applicable government rules and regulations affecting the business.
• Maintains awareness of safety guidelines and ensures OSHA compliance with written programs, recordkeeping and training and safety inspections.
• Ensures emergency preparedness guidelines are developed and updated and oversees planning and execution of emergency planning procedures as needed.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to lead the NHOF customer service program, anticipate customer needs and leads by example. Builds positive relationships with customers, teammates, vendors and tenants/partners. • Goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs, treats all customers and partners with highest degree of respect and courtesy, delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers and is able to resolve customer concerns and complaints effectively.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Scope of responsibility:
• This job is responsible for budgetary analysis, preparation and review.
• This job will have regular access to confidential data including wages and salaries, company records and/or minutes, customer quotes, product costs and company plans, designs and/or programs.
• Manages subordinate managers/supervisors who supervise a total of approximately 75 full and part time staff at the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises more than sixty non-supervisory employees.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school, and 8-10 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience and 4 to 5 years supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
• 5 years of facility operations managerial experience is required. Facility operations experience at an attraction or museum is desirable.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft software applications and two-way radio operations.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• This job requires rotating participation in weekend and night operational coverage.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This job requires frequent local and regional travel and infrequent distance and overnight travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.