DJ Area Manager
Expanding DJ company is looking for the right DJ for our Charlotte office. We are seeking a creative individual with strong communication skills and the ability to interact with coworkers and clients, often under deadline pressure. If you have a fun personality, not afraid to get out and get people dancing, high energy, knows music and just like to have a good time then join our team. This is a full-time job.
• Develop and make presentations of company products and services to current and potential clients.
• Providing music at events.
• Act as the main point of contact with the customer throughout the event.
• Perform day-to-day audio-visual functions, troubleshooting and equipment installation/repair.
• Operate and maintain AV equipment for live events.
• Coordinate, plan and arrange live events.
• Set up equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events.
• Closely follow instructions, processes and best practices as directed by venue management and events specialist.
• Treat venue property with a high level of personal and investment and ownership, conduct business practices with the highest level of professionalism.
• Develop playlists.
• Interacting with the public at parties.
• Choose music to suit your audience’s taste and the venue’s music policy.
• Operate lighting and visual effects in time to the beat.
• Create your own sounds by manipulating beats, using samples, adding extra music and sound effects.
• Keep up an entertaining and natural flow of chat.
• Knowledge of musical trends.
• Sales experience.
• Demonstrated successful sales performance in a challenging and progressive environment.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced and changing.
• Professional dress required.
• Calling new opportunities and previous clients.
• Work with the graphic designer for new marketing tactics.
• Attend bridal shows to represent the company and generate leads.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to use soundboards and turntables.
• Good pronunciation.
• Self-motivation and proactive personality.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of attention to details.
• Knowledge of current national news.
• A keen interest in and enthusiasm for music.
• A confident and outgoing personality.
• A good sense of timing and coordination.
• Some understanding of technical equipment.
• The ability to ad-lib and think on your feet.
• Calmness under pressure.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Ability to do several tasks at the same time.
• Ability to lift 50-pound gear to a height of 3-4 feet and load them into trucks, as well as frequently move audio/visual equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across properties for various events needs.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.