Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit our website.
The Corporate Communications Associate II position is primarily responsible for managing Atrium Health’s external-facing digital channels including the health system’s blog and digital newsroom. The Associate II will also be the main liaison with the web team, helping guide discussions about style, format, voice and access to digital and mobile content delivery. This person will be able to recognize trends and patterns in traditional media, digital media and social media and determine how Atrium Health can create content that will be able to position the system as a leader in these identified areas. This includes growing partnerships with external outlets to expand Atrium Health content’s reach. This position will also be responsible for pushing the system’s brand journalism initiative forward, including quick turnaround news, position papers, long-format articles and multi-media elements and video.
• Primary manager of Atrium Health’s Daily Dose blog.
• Primary manager of the Atrium Health Newsroom.
• Write engaging articles related to healthcare for our digital channels.
• Gather digital storytelling elements, including basic video and photography.
• Update online content to our blog, our newsroom or other online properties through our content management system.
• Update social media channels with content on a regular basis.
• Develop Brand Journalism plan – and execute content development and production strategy.
• Coordinate content development with internal and external partners including Corporate Communications/Clinical PR, Internal Communications, Marketing and Community Relations.
• Assist and help lead managing content and newsgathering.
• Guides content strategy for digital content including voice, channel, audience and style.
• Identifies existing in addition to new content distribution strategies including internal and external partnerships.
• Develop social media strategies to help maximize content reach and engagement.
• Work with CCMO teams including marketing and community engagement to capture external work happening with partners.
• Identifying key reporting metrics and compiling regular monitoring reports for team and leaders.
• Keeping ahead of emerging digital media and brand storytelling trends through education, courses and professional networking organizations.
• Helping guide and train junior teammates.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, communications, journalism or business required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years experience required.
• Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
• Excellent written and verbal skills required.
• Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.
• Strongly prefer professional writing experience and professional social media experience as well as videography and editing skills.
• Works primarily in office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
• Position requires walking around campus and/or other facilities.
• Must be able to drive and have access/use of a personal vehicle.
• Requires reading materials, speaking clearly on the telephone and operating computer keyboard.
• Occasional lifting of documents or supplies.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.