The Marketing Manager builds and drives strategy, innovation and marketing initiatives in the away from home marketplace, primarily in the convenience channel. The marketing manager works with many key functional partners at various levels of the organization and external partners. This position reports to the director of marketing and has direct reports.
• Work consultatively with the marketing team to deliver strategies that grow the company’s brand.
• Drive development of beverage strategy in conjunction with research and insights, innovation and product development from concept through commercialization to devise and deliver beverage solutions to aid customers in their growth objectives.
• Consult with assigned sales team(s) on major opportunities, critical customer presentations, projects and sales calls.
• Create compelling presentations tailored to appropriate internal/external audience.
• Build and enhance relationships with key stakeholders within S&D (marketing and cross-functionally), key customers and other external partners.
• Lead product launch initiatives, as assigned, that support S&D’s position as a leader and beverage solution provider in the away from home market.
• Project manage multiple initiatives at one time.
• Deliver general category management reporting to highlight channel business performance.
• Develop and deploy appropriate sized planning and strategies to fit the account size and S&D opportunity.
• Supervise and coach assigned personnel to deliver objectives and goals.
• Problem-solve with creative solutions.
• Perform other duties that may be assigned.
• Travel will be about 25% and may spike periodically depending on customer demand.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years’ experience in channel marketing, market research, consumer insights, key account management or business development. Degree in Business with Marketing concentration desired, MBA preferred.
• Away from home/foodservice manufacturer sales and/or marketing experience a plus, preferably in convenience retailing.
• Experience devising strategic approaches and platforms and sell strategies to customers to help grow their businesses, translating insight into application for growth or to solve customer problems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, compelling presenter.
• Strong strategic thinking skills and business acumen.
• Outstanding project management and prioritization capability, demonstrate ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously within aggressive timelines.
• Equally comfortable contributing and influencing in group or individual assignments.
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment.
• General understanding of product and process development approaches, tactics and application.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled