Associate Product Manager
By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world-class company. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game,” “Passion About Customer Success,” “Win as a Team,” and “Have a Blast.” Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory, or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, tenacious, intelligent, ambitious and intuitive Product Management professional that enjoys the fast-paced nature of the Financial Technology industry and looks to establish a rewarding career in a hyper-growth business with fantastic development opportunities. The Associate Product Manager will assist in driving product strategy, business plans, product roadmaps, user personas, market requirements and use scenarios that lead to growth in new and existing segments of interest. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing products.
• Collaborate with development scrum teams (LEAN), technology services partners and the lines of business to ensure sufficient elaboration and understanding of business requirements and expectations, as well as quality and timely delivery. Specific artifacts will include change requests, story cards and product demos.
• Within an agile delivery environment, engage and work closely with other Product Managers and key business stakeholders to understand business requirements and decompose them into user stories.
• Build relationships with users and stakeholders to understand their business areas and help to develop product roadmaps and strategies that will add additional value to the organization as a whole.
• Act as an ambassador for your product area, maintain and enhance product area brand and profile within the business by enabling delivery of the highest possible value from people and technical resources available.
• Contribute to training and education of stakeholders and customers in your subject matter areas including demos supporting release notes.
• Work cross-functionally with other Associate Product Managers and Managers to identify and plan for dependencies.
• Be a key influencer and supporter of an agile delivery style within the scrum teams as well as to the wider business.
• Maintain visibility of production issues and work cross-functionally to resolve.
• Groom and prioritize product backlog, working in collaboration with line of business partners and scrum team, ensuring features, stories and tasks are well understood by all sides.
• Actively engage in scrum events at team level and above – stand-up, sprint planning, retrospectives, demos etc.
Experience and qualifications:
• Must be intellectually curious and able to analyze and synthesize data across multiple sources.
• Proven experience of working in Agile development environment, preferably as a Product Owner.
• Experience producing project documentation – Functional and technical requirements and business requirement documents as needed for non-Agile initiatives.
• Take ownership of changes and able to identify risks and challenges, create strategies to resolve, as well as identify opportunities to foster operational excellence.
• Strong detail orientation and clearly understands data beyond top-level analysis. Must be able to conduct deep analysis, identifying and assessing questions stemming from initial data findings.
• Critical thinking/problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills including written, verbal, visual presentations and effective listening skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior managers.
• Ability to influence others.
• Must think strategically and make sound judgment calls.
• Excellent organizational and program management skills.
• Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, must be able to leverage cross-functional teams to deliver results to meet specific deadlines and shift focus with changing priorities.
• Ability and desire to think creatively to deliver business results.
• Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred.
• Previous experience/strong interest in financial services, payments, or B2B industry a plus.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.