Summit Park is a Charlotte, NC based private equity firm focused on investing in lower middle-market companies.
Summit Park is seeking to hire a full-time Controller to assume primary responsibilities relating to tax administration, compliance and selected financial accounting requirements across the Summit Park entities. We are seeking a candidate with prior experience in tax and/or accounting for private equity firms to support our back-office operations.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
• Manage year-end tax compliance for all entities.
• Review and distribute tax returns and schedule K-1s to investors.
• Manage legal entity formation and reporting requirements.
• Treasury management of the Firm and its affiliated entities.
• Manage internal expense reporting and billing.
• Manage the Firm’s vendors and payables.
• Manage insurance contracts and annual policy renewals.
• Assist with year-end audit confirms and ad-hoc reporting requests.
• At least 3 years in public accounting with private equity and/or asset management experience.
• Record of academic achievement with an accounting and/or finance degree from a top-tier college.
• Superior problem-solving, analytical and research skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to interact with senior management and investors.
• Advanced Excel and Quickbooks knowledge or comparable accounting software.
• Ability to work independently, multi-task and meet demanding deadlines in a small team environment.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and an ambitious self-starter.
• CPA preferred but not required.
• Strong ethics and values.