Full Stack Developer
Williams & Fudge was founded in 1986 and is a family-owned business serving the higher education community. We aid colleges, universities and private lenders in the recovery of education-related receivables. With more than 1,400 clients around the world, Williams & Fudge is committed to serving our clients and consumers with accurate, timely and efficient service using the high-tech tools of tomorrow, today.
We’re looking for a full-stack developer to design and implement several new exciting initiatives from beginning to end. This is a new position located at our corporate headquarters inside the Historic Old Cotton Factory in downtown Rock Hill, SC.
What you will be doing:
• Work with other members of the IT, business operations and marketing teams to problem-solve and convert design concepts into functioning applications, including websites, cloud integrations, third-party integrations and application development.
• Learn about and integrate bleeding-edge technologies into our new and existing applications.
• Be the stakeholder for all development projects by managing them from beginning to end.
• Implementing the strictest data security controls throughout the application stack.
• Always thinking about the future and how to make the experiences better for those who depend on your work.
• Demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through 3 years of previous work and/or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
• At least 1 year of significant API development experience (REST, SOAP, etc.).
• Strong understanding of the full stack from front-end web design to backend connectivity to applications/databases.
• Ability to work autonomously and with others.
• Passionate about: documentation, data security, change management, diagramming, continuous learning, measuring results and learning from them, cost control, clear and concise communication (oral and written), building relationships and trust with team members and efficient time management.
Icing on the cake
• Experience securely integrating internal applications with external providers through API integrations and other means.
• Keen insight into human behavior: knowing what consumers find believable, interesting, attractive, provocative and compelling.
• Experience in mobile app development.
• Understanding of SEO best practices for clean, organized, bot-legible code.
• Previous experience working for a customer-service focused organization.
Why join us?
• A professional, family atmosphere where we WORK-PLAY-GIVE.
• Named a Training Top 125 Winner for 2019.
• Relaxed dress code, flexible work hours and ability to work from home.
• Coffee shop and brewery on campus with food trucks visiting multiple times a week for lunch.
• Employee appreciation events throughout the year.
• Ample opportunities to give back to the community.
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits for employees and/or family.
• Company-paid life and long-term disability coverage.
• Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with generous company match.
• Named a “Best Places to Work in Collections” for the last 11 years.
• Employee wellness program.
• Traffic in Rock Hill is much better than Charlotte!
• Downtown Rock Hill is quickly becoming an exciting place to work.
Williams and Fudge, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.