Graphic Design Associate
Elements Brands owns a variety of consumer products companies that started as hidden gems with loyal followings. Our team of experts amplifies their awesome attributes and untapped potential, while retaining each brand’s original name and soul. Named one of Charlotte Best Places to work in 2017 & 2018 as well as a Charlotte Fast 50 Company, we have an informal, results-focused work environment filled with employees who thrive in our fast-paced, “drink from the fire hose” mentality. Elements Brands is located in Lower South End just around the corner from OMB. Learn more about each of our individual brands at ElementsBrands.com.
Our brands include:
• Nurture My Body: High end, organic personal care products (everything from sunscreen to shampoo to body lotion).
• Ski Balm/Adventure Balm: Sun and windburn protection for outdoor activities.
• Tropical Sands/Coral Safe: Biodegradable sunscreen products for sensitive reef environments.
• Skedattle: Natural bug repellent.
• KP Elements: OTC treatment for the skin condition keratosis pilaris.
• Rockin’ Green: Eco-Friendly detergent and cleaning supplies.
• TriLASTIN: Stretch mark care products.
• eb5: pharmaceutical-grade skin care products with a cult following.
• Natural Dog Company: Small-batch, healing and protective products for dogs.
Elements Brands is searching for a versatile graphic designer to join our team. Our ideal candidate lives and breathes brand standards while working quickly and efficiently across various mediums. Fluent in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop – you’re the person who will be designing everything from trade show displays to email templates to blocking out new product labels. You should be as comfortable busting out Facebook ad creative as you are putting together a sell sheet for REI. Bonus points for photography and video experience.
The Graphic Design Associate will be expected to have a hand in nearly every piece of marketing collateral in the company. Your goal is to visually communicate with our customers while pumping out various pieces at a rapid pace.
If you were our Graphic Design Associate, you would have completed the following in the past week:
• Created graphics for nearly 20 B2C email newsletters.
• Blocked out a point of sale display for a popular dog balm.
• Participated in facilitating a focus group with one of our ideal brand audiences.
• Created an 18-page brand catalog.
• Used Adobe Stock assets to create several dozen variations on Facebook ads.
• Created 4 infographics to be used on Amazon product pages.
• Engaged in a kombucha taste test with your coworkers.
• Resized 100 product photos to be used on a new wholesale website.
• Participated in a photoshoot at a local laundromat.
• Cut four promotional videos for use on various landing pages.
• Given your two cents during a website redesign kickoff meeting.
The best candidates for this job will have:
• Expert-level fluency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Bonus points for Lightroom, Premiere, After Effects, etc.
• A background in branding and an appreciation for a cohesive look and feel. You love a curated Instagram feed.
• Knowledge of digital and printed graphic design. You know your way around bleed lines and pixel counts.
• A knack for online systems and the ability to jump between platforms without losing focus.
• Exceptional organizational skills. We’re talking color-coded-sock drawer organized.
• An eye for detail. You sweat the small stuff and value consistency.
• A true love of design. You dream about hex codes and have an all-time favorite font.
• A curiosity about ecommerce. You are interested in the analytics behind buying and selling online.
• Commensurate with experience.
• Paid vacation and holidays.
• Healthcare and 401(k) available.
Submit resume and link to your portfolio via email to Allison@ElementsBrands.com with the subject “Graphic Design Associate Application”. All resumes should be sent as PDF attachments (not MS Word). Any applications not submitted as PDF or without the correct subject line will not be considered.