2ULaundry is on a mission to build the first nationally recognized brand in laundry and dry cleaning by providing an innovative and effortless customer experience. At 2ULaundry, we’re proud to have created over 1 MILLION hours of additional time for our customers to enjoy with their friends and family.
We’re looking for a Head of Finance to trail blaze and eventually manage the entire Finance function of the organization. This person has a relentless drive to accomplish even the most daunting of tasks, while maintaining the utmost integrity. This individual is analytical in nature and has no problem building and navigating through complex financial models, monthly accounting processes and multivariate investment decisions for the company without missing any of the details. Over time, this individual will also manage a team of both in-house and contracted resources which will require the ability to identify and manage A+ players. This individual’s ability to ask the right questions, process the information and be confident in their decision making will be paramount as we scale 2ULaundry to the national stage.
What you will do:
• Continually develop and assess the overarching business strategy based on company goals and financial outcomes.
• Work cross-functionally with all department heads to develop and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual zero-based budgets by department to effectively allocate resources based on the business objectives.
• Initially manage a team of one contracted bookkeeper, CPA and attorneys. When the time is right we will bring these functions in house and the Head of Finance will be responsible for sourcing, onboarding and managing this team.
• Execute flawless and on-time monthly closing of all financial reports and models including a historical model, a proforma model and updating accounting ledgers and financial statements in QBO.
• Support fundraising and company financing efforts from items ranging from our Series B to identifying and working with strategic financing partners and banking institutions.
• Streamline and implement new finance processes across the entire organization. Examples of this could include but are not limited to the monthly close process, expense reimbursement process.
Who you are:
• Dogged and passionate. You’re intensely curious and have the drive to “get shit done” regardless of how difficult or new the task may be. This is a startup and we’re all learning as we go.
• Integrity. You hold yourself to high ethical standards and take a purely fiduciary perspective to managing the company’s money and budgets.
• Analytical. You know your way around all numbers, one moment you’re looking at a complex financial model, the next you’re able to analyze whether we should be leasing or buying our vehicles.
• Leadership. You’re a people person, people respect you and look up to you. As the company scales you’re able to scale with it and surround yourself with the right team to get the job done.
• Meticulous. You very rarely miss anything, no transaction goes unnoticed.
• Decisive. When faced with multiple solutions to a problem, you make smart, well-thought-out decisions and stick to them until the data shows you whether you were right or wrong.
• Candid and articulate. You’re able to speak freely and openly about concerns with the business.
What you will get:
• A once in a life-time leadership position at one of the fastest growing companies in the South and Southeast.
• Professional development and a fast-moving environment where you will be challenged and stretched on a daily basis.
• Early-stage equity/stock options.
• A high-caliber team and tight-knit, collaborative work environment.
• Exposure to the board and other high-caliber investors.
• 50% off laundry and dry cleaning, free snacks, beer, cold brew coffee and kombucha.
• BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field in addition to a MSc/MA and/or your CPA/CFA designation.
• 6-10 years of finance experience, with preferably 3-4 years in an accounting/controller function at a larger institution, with 3-4 years of experience at an earlier stage company in an FP&A role or equivalent.
• Deep knowledge of financial analysis, forecasting and accounting principles.
• Proficient in the use of Google products, Excel, Quickbooks online and data visualization tools. (Periscope, Tableau, Grow, etc.).
• Understanding or ability to learn quickly cash flow management, bank reconciliation, bookkeeping, 4-4-5 method of reporting and zero-based budgeting.
• Currently located in Charlotte, NC or willing to relocate.