NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm, we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
The basic function of the Senior Electrical Engineer/Project Manager position is to plan, develop, coordinate and direct a number of projects concurrently including acting as primary contact for the firm in all contractual and project-related communications. The Senior Electrical Engineer/Project Manager works closely with the Group Leader(s) to ensure that company goals and guidelines are maintained. This position also develops and maintains client relationships, develops business opportunities and promote services, reputation and name throughout the industry.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
• Responsible for project planning and managing schedules and budgets to complete work on time and profitably, plays major role in conceptualizing design and overseeing all aspects of the project, including reviewing work of interdisciplinary team to secure and successfully manage projects through demonstrated technical and managerial skills.
• Responsible for business development for both new and existing clients. Must be able to identify and contact new potential clients through business/peer contacts, identify new market sectors and develop strategies to gain work and new projects, update and develop marketing material and procedures, attend industry organization events and society meetings.
• Maintains industry reputation by always conducting business in a courteous and professional manner.
• Assists in defining staffing needs for the Principal Engineers for specific projects and coordinating staff assignments with the Principal Engineers to ensure optimal utilization of staff and timely delivery of high quality products and services.
• Reviews individual project workloads, deadlines, budgets and requirements with the responsible engineers, ensures quality standards, schedules and deadlines are met, strives to complete the project to the full satisfaction of the client and within the established budget and schedule.
• Performs quality control review of responsible engineer’s design drawings, specifications and cost estimates to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
• Applies organizational and management expertise to unique and complex projects and is able to effectively diagnose problems, prepare course of action and implement the course of action to provide an appropriate solution or resolution of the problem.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts by developing project approach, scope of services and budgets based on similar project experience and historical budgeting information and by speaking at client interviews regarding project management issues. This also includes negotiating fees to perform projects of a certain scope, reviewing and approving written proposal documents and obtaining authorized signatures on contracts.
• Responsible for insuring that work and contract terms have been complied with including maintenance of project files, attendance at meetings, holding of periodic team meetings and maintaining good relationships with the client. Responsible for maintaining QA/QC drawing(s) in the file.
• Oversees Construction Administration process, including resolving field problems occurring during construction.
• Maintains positive client relationship and facilitates exchange of project related information through regular verbal/written communication, including the development of project status reports. Reviews all correspondence prior to mailing.
• Takes active role in marketing activities, including: performing client marketing/maintenance and cross-selling of services available beyond scope requirements for procurement of future services.
• Responsible for training and supervising of more junior level engineers.
• Has a general knowledge of all disciplines so that potential issues can be identified and addressed, oversees coordination of trades.
• Assists in the preparation of accurate monthly billings or more frequently when required, through timely submission of invoices to the accounting department.
• Maintains an accurate assessment of project status through effective communications with client and internal project team.
• Oversees selection of sub-consultants based on in-house or outside research or referrals.
• Works with minimal direction or supervision through demonstrated success with similar project responsibilities.
• Other duties as required or assigned.
• Professional demeanor and excellent presentation skills.
• Follows and accepts work rules and procedures.
• Ability to maintain composure at all times, think quickly and respond appropriately during stressful situations.
• Well-developed business development skills.
• Ability to make quick decisions and effectively implement actions related to decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to positively interact with staff at every level of the organization.
• Ability to build an effective team, facilitate team spirit and resolve conflicts independently.
• Communicates effectively with staff, vendors and clients.
• Graduate from an engineering curriculum accredited by the A.E.T, non-accredited engineering curriculum, related engineering science or possess a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience designing and managing projects independently and have a thorough understanding of the principles of the discipline he/she is designing.
• PE License preferred but not required.
• Must keep current through continuing education.
• Must have strong leadership, problem-solving and communication skills.
• Experience in healthcare, higher education or transportation preferred.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week on Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm), with the ability to work on-call and extended hours (including after hours, holidays and weekends). The job is performed primarily in an indoor office environment with occasional driving to commercial and institutional job site locations and outdoor activities at the site (including mechanical rooms, rooftops and buildings).
The employee must be able to perform, in a safe manner at all times, the following essential functions and requirement
The employee frequently sits or stands in the same location with opportunity to move about, occasionally walks substantial distances at job site locations, regularly thinks, concentrates, analyzes, interprets, interacts with others and communicates orally and in writing, regularly uses a computer (keyboard and mouse), regularly reads, sees, hears and speaks, frequently uses hands to write, type, finger, handle or feel, occasionally reaches with hands and arms, occasionally bends, stoops and lifts or moves up to 30 pounds (and greater weights infrequently), occasionally climbs ladders and stairs.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.