Lead Technical Information Management Analyst
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of the Lead Technical Information Management Analyst is to support key projects associated with omni-channel selling and seamless customer experience. This includes responsibility for providing timely, usable and compliant information, recommending changes to policies and standards, recommending improvements and new measures for Lowe’s data or content, measuring adherence to standards, coordinating information sourcing and on-boarding processes and supporting training and discovery of information management standards and best practices.
• Supports information quality by developing information validation rules for consistency in data sets.
• Suggests ways to integrate information validation into external information systems.
• Profiles metadata to identify normalization and consistency issues.
• Supports batch/real-time information updates and production feeds.
• Analyzes information delivery failures and constraints to simplify information delivery process.
• Works with cross-functional business teams to ensure the solutions supports the full information life cycle.
• Measures adherence to information reporting standards for data and content quality.
• Coordinates information sourcing and on-boarding process by defining strategies and business cases.
• Supports the learning and discovery of information management standards, processes and technology by collaborating with others to improve technology.
• Interpret technical code/architecture and translate to business partners and other cross-function IT teams.
• Mentor and coach other analysts on the team.
Required education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and 3 years of experience managing data, content or business processes, managing vendor/supplier relationships or driving quality improvement OR 5+ years of comparable experience.
• 2+ years of retail business operations experience, collaborating in a diverse, cross-functional corporate environment.
• 1+ year of experience in an agile environment alongside technical teams.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.