Communications and Publishing Specialist
SPARK Publications is an award-winning, creative, independent publishing firm specializing in creating content and designing and producing beautiful, effective print and interactive publications (magazines, books and catalogs) and promotions materials. We provide high-level service to and collaborate closely with our clients. We’ve earned their trust and their hugs. We offer schedule flexibility, paid vacation and holidays and a collaborative, creative environment.
Our firm is growing! The communications and publishing specialist is a fun, focused and new position. This SPARKler will work with the communications director to implement day-to-day editorial and marketing activities within the firm. This includes writing, editing, proofreading, researching, planning and following through in a team environment. This position will interact with employees, vendors, clients and other internal and external contacts and must provide exceptional customer service and follow-up in person, on the phone and with written communications on a daily basis.
• Edit and/or proofread clients’ publications for readability, spelling, punctuation, grammar and consistency using Chicago style.
• Verify facts and sources in clients’ materials as needed.
• Support publication production process, including making changes to proofs, setting up distribution and other tasks as assigned.
• Create and schedule social media and blog content.
• Monitor social media engagement and performance.
• Write, edit and/or proofread correspondence and marketing materials.
• Coordinate special event details and projects as needed.
• Research and generate lists for prospective earned media, speaking engagements and other public relations opportunities.
Office support team
• Greet visitors in a welcoming manner when they arrive at our office.
• Run errands as needed.
• Ensure office space is kept neat, clean and client-ready at all times.
• Schedule meetings in the office and prepare the conference room when needed.
• Escalate issues to manager as necessary.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications or a related field.
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in marketing communications, content development, publishing or a related field in a professional working environment.