The AP/AR Specialist is responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and providing support to staff in various areas within the Accounting Department.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Communicating with managers and clients regarding receivables and payables matters in a timely fashion.
• Apply rental payments daily for commercial tenants in the accounting system.
• Responsible for researching discrepancies between posted charges and cash receipts.
• Apply prepaid rents and concessions to tenant accounts monthly.
• Sort, scan and accurately enter invoices into the accounts payable system.
• Verify with property accountant authorized check disbursements.
• Issue checks, void items and stop payments.
• Process and monitor vendor documentation.
• Setup new vendors for payment processing.
• Verify and issue annual vendor tax documentation (ex. Form 1099).
• Performs special tasks and projects as needed.
• Maintain and secure financial documentation and records.
• Responds to company requests such as training, surveys or forms, etc. in a timely and thorough manner without reminders.
Knowledge and critical skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Communicate information timely to accountants, property managers and company management.
• Manage workflow from multiple internal clients.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Positive attitude.
• Computer skills with MS office Suite, Yardi experience preferred.
• Real estate experience preferred.
• Ability to multi-task and meet required deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.