Who we are:
The CRVA works to deliver experiences that uniquely enrich the lives of our visitors and residents. Through leadership in destination development, marketing and venue management expertise, the CRVA leads efforts to maximize the region’s economic potential through visitor spending, creating jobs and opportunities for the community. Brands supported by the CRVA include the Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, Bojangles’ Entertainment Complex, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Film Commission, Visit Charlotte and Visitor Info Centers.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating intelligent and powerful visual communications that successfully translate brand guidelines into a wide range of deliverables such as (not limited to) print design, POS displays, tradeshow activation, visual campaigns, photo and video production, publications, website graphics, direct mail, identity/logo creation, marketing collateral, online display advertising, email marketing, newsletters (print and electronic) and large format signage.
The CRVA designers are visual storytellers combining art and technology to communicate ideas through images and inspiring layouts.
Essential job duties:
• Creates compelling design work that identifies a product or conveys a message.
• Collaborates with Brand Managers to adhere to brand standards across all creative projects.
• Thinks creatively to develop concepts, graphics and visual images to communicate a stimulating story in an efficient and effective manner.
• Demonstrates disciplined execution of brand standards in all project work ensuring brand continuity from project to project.
• Participates in creative kick-off meetings to advise internal partners on best strategies to reach their particular target audience.
• Manages relationships with third-party vendors handling production: selects vendor, secures quotes, manages quality control and tracks vendor progress to meet project deadline.
• Develops multi-media content for use on digital and social channels: photo slideshows, videos, etc.
• Tracks their own work to ensure project deadlines are met.
• Ability to draft concepts and clearly articulate ideas during a creative meeting before moving into the design phase of a project.
• Keeps technical skills current by participating in a number of online creative tutorials annually; specific course work developed in collaboration with Creative Manager.
• Continually researches trends in design to remain competitive and to recommend best available application for design execution.
• May perform other duties as directed by the Creative Manager.
Scope of responsibility:
• This job will have periodic access to confidential data including company records and/or minutes, plans, designs, programs, and quotes and/or, product costs.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
• Demonstrated ability to work as an individual contributor that maximizes available resources.
• Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products to effectively create dynamic presentations for use by third parties is required.
• Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
• Experience with multi-media design execution is a plus.
• Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
• Professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines.
• Self-motivated team player with a positive outlook.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills.
• Experience dealing with multiple vendors.
• Knowledge of commercial printing process for materials and signage.
• Forward thinker, who proactively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
• Ability to anticipate customer needs, build positive relationships, go the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs, treat all customers and vendors with the highest degree of respect and courtesy and deliver exceptional service.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in graphic design, marketing, communications or related field and 5+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• Has ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.