Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Girls on the Run International is the headquarters operation of over 200 councils in 50 states that serve 200,000+ girls a year and engage 100,000+ volunteers.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing & Brand Strategy, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for writing compelling content and executing marketing and communications strategies that expand and diversify the organization’s participant and volunteer base, increase brand awareness, improve financial performance and drive stakeholder engagement. This position is 40 hours per week and is located in the Girls on the Run International office in Charlotte, NC.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Write, review and edit compelling and strategic content for external marketing purposes, including but not limited to print and digital materials, promotional collateral, social media posts and campaigns, email marketing, annual report, newsletters and website.
• Proactively manage the organization’s editorial calendar, identifying content to strategically further the mission through digital mediums.
• Deploy effective internal communications approaches that promote employee and volunteer engagement, connection and satisfaction including the production and distribution of weekly council e-newsletter, quarterly board e-newsletter and ongoing internal email communication.
• Administer and evolve a comprehensive email marketing program, including drip campaigns, metrics analysis and audience segmentation.
• Proofread and edit reports and other documents for grammar, syntax and consistency with brand and style guidelines
• Collaborate with the Donor Relations Manager to develop effective digital strategies and content for donor acquisition, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
• Measure and analyze marketing initiatives, promotions and campaign results, optimizing and adjusting tactics as needed to achieve goals.
• Work closely with the Program, Development and Operations teams to define marketing strategies, materials and programs that support the council network and drive audience engagement.
• Support the Digital Marketing Manager in daily responsibilities including the creation and execution of advertising campaigns and updating digital properties.
• Collaborate with the Creative Services team on the development and execution of marketing materials, from concept and copy development through activation.
• Hire and supervise a Public Relations and Strategic Partnerships Specialist to develop and execute a proactive national media strategy that builds awareness and understanding of the organization’s work and brand nationally.
• Manage project timelines and communicate with key project stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
• Nurture and support a caring, results-oriented culture that embraces personal responsibility, performance and quality.
• Exemplify the Girls on the Run core values with others to advance the organization’s mission.
• Maintain high standard of integrity and ensure security of confidential information.
• Develop positive relationships with council directors, volunteers, board members, community members and staff.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy.
• 5+ years marketing and communications experience in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment, with a minimum of 3 years of professional writing experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or Advertising.
• Strong communicator with excellent written (specifically AP style), editing and interpersonal skills.
• Proven success at developing creative marketing tactics to achieve measurable goals.
• Effective project manager, who is highly organized and proactive, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time and deliver within deadlines.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
• Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO, email, social media and/or paid advertising campaigns.
• Enthusiasm combined with a genuine commitment to and passion for the mission of Girls on the Run.
• Nonprofit experience is a plus.
This position is offering compensation of $52,000 – $56,000 as well as a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, paid medical leave, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities.