Duck Donuts, a doughnut shop founded in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, just opened its first Charlotte location in Dilworth’s Kenilworth Commons shopping center. Grand opening was yesterday (September 14).
Duck Donuts fast facts
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Donut pricing: Singles ($1.20), half-dozen ($6.75), dozen ($11.95) and bucket ($16.50).
- Coffee pricing: Small ($1.50), medium ($1.85), large ($2.35) and bucket ($15.95).
- Owner Scott Plassman is originally from Ohio (spent 30 years there as a business exec), but he told me, “I should have moved to Charlotte much earlier. I love it here.” Scott is looking to open multiple stores in the Charlotte area.
- Coming soon: Panthers Donut (chocolate with blue sprinkles).
- Duck Donuts coating choices: bare, cinnamon sugar, powdered, sugar, glazed, vanilla icing, chocolate icing, lemon icing, peanut butter icing, maple icing, and strawberry icing.
- Duck Donuts topping choices: shredded coconut, chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, chopped peanuts & bacon.
Agenda Pro Tips & Review
- If you only have the appetite for one donut, go with the Cinnamon Sugar Donut (runner-up: Maple Bacon Donut).
- I thought the Maple Bacon Donut would be gross. I was wrong. Now I understand why this is a top seller. It’s freaking delicious.
- Currently, they have sample Cinnamon Sugar Donuts by the pick up area. I ate 5 pieces. Don’t be bashful, crush the samples (not sure how long they will be doing sampling like this).
- Don’t expect massive donuts. The actual donut size feels petite, but not in a bad way.
- If you’re making a large order, use the Donut Order Form (located next to the door when you walk in with pencils). Keeps things going fast.
- The staff was helpful and plentiful.