Director of Development and Marketing
This is a full-time position that requires someone who is skilled at multi-tasking, self-starter attitude, has a background in grant research and writing, donor solicitation and recognition, donor record management using a cloud-based CRM program, marketing material creation/editing, copy writing, website maintenance, Facebook management and other tasks as needed. This is a small but passionate not-for-profit that requires staff to wear multiple hats and learn new skills sets as they might arise. Must not be afraid to research and find out who or what works best to meet the needs of the organization. Must be a great communicator, people person and intrinsically motivated. Must be passionate about education, global service and poverty alleviation.
Essential job functions and deliverables:
• Evaluates the results of all resource development initiatives including but not limited to campaigns, events, grant proposals, direct mail campaigns and other resource development programs and recommends modifications or new strategies to proactively support the achievement of development and fundraising goals.
• Collaborates with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director to implement the strategic plan.
• Designs, implements and manages all fundraising activities including multi-year giving, grant writing, annual campaigns, planned giving, Thrive Gala, Summer Soiree Event Series and further event planning and solicitations.
Fundraising donors and foundations
• Works with the Executive Director to develop and cultivate relationships with all public and private donors.
• Creates a working pipeline of donor/prospects to cultivate, solicit and steward in accordance with the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Ethics.
• Identifies new prospects for making annual gifts, major gifts and planned gifts. Arranges direct asks.
• Supervises and supports annual fundraising events working closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and Volunteer Coordinator to obtain sponsorships, volunteer teams and ticket sales necessary to reach budgeted goals.
• Participates in the donor management process to develop strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward all individual donors
• Advance fundraising strategies through interaction with donors in the community and at all events.
• Seeks and writes grant proposals for Major Funding
• Supervises maintenance of donor and gift record-keeping and acknowledgments.
• Works collaboratively with Donor Services to ensure accurate record-keeping, reporting and communicating with donors.
• Marketing, copywriting, project management- must be able to work closely with designer to craft beautiful marketing pieces and provide well written copy that communicates mission and vision with passion and a call to action.
• Control over social media channels and pushing out in layered approach to our trips, fundraising events, etc.
• Website and other online social platform management- need to be able to navigate Facebook page, craft unique and informative newsletters and e-blasts with Mail Chimp and create online campaigns with Classy to continue an integrated donor experience. Must be able to update website as needed.
• Event management- must be able to work on a variety of event logistics such as corporate and individual sponsorships, venue set up, check in, silent auction management and be on site with staff and volunteers to set up and break down, filling roles as needed to ensure a successful event.
• Tasks as needed and providing marketing support for forecasting campaigns and partnerships for future, creation of grant calendars, campaign due dates, creation of board updates and packets and other needs of the Executive Director as needed.
Board of Directors relations
• Reports development activities as requested.
• Assists the board with recommending and researching potential new members.
• Utilizes Board Members where necessary and willing to participate in solicitation activities.
• 3-5 years of professional fundraising experience.
• Adherence to highest ethical practices in fundraising and money management.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing a successful campaign and direct asks resulting in major gifts and multi-year pledges.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
• Independent self-starter with positive problem-solver attitude
• Very computer literate (Word, Publisher, Excel), able to learn and use donor management software. Familiar with database entry and maintenance.
• An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it.
• You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
• Ability to travel for events and lead groups internationally.
• Must have a sense of humor, love for students across the globe and a passion for education.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development and Marketing position” in the email subject line.