Personal Finance Editor
Red Ventures is a multibillion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,500 employees in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
The Simple Dollar team is seeking a Personal Finance Editor. This is an extremely exciting role for an individual that has experience with writing and editing in the personal finance space to lead the charge and use your knowledge of writing, search engine optimization and analytics to develop compelling content for The Simple Dollar’s monthly users. The successful candidate will be passionate about creating experiences that engage, influence and educate our users while converting for our advertisers.
In this position, you will be responsible for editing content that covers a range of topics, including credit cards, savings, loans, taxes, insurance and more. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience writing and editing personal finance content, with an understanding of frugal hacks, credit card tips, debt payoff advice and more.
All applicants must have a passion for research-driven content and an analytical bent.
• Directly manage a team of writers wholly focused on providing the most comprehensive personal finance information in the world.
• Assign, maintain and manage a large backlog of personal finance content.
• Develop a process for managing and executing the content strategy, including leveraging data to inform an approach, developing a pipeline of prioritized content and formalizing a publishing workflow.
• Work closely with the business intelligence team to design measurement, testing and optimization mechanisms and report on the content effectiveness and engagement.
• Develop and maintain an editorial calendar tied to key themes that support our business goals and marketing plans.
• Develop comprehensive content requirements, content models and business rules for meaningful content presentation.
Who you are:
• A strategic thinker, able to understand The Simple Dollar’s business and create new initiatives to drive revenue through personal finance content.
• Obsessed with content quality, structure, performance management and ongoing content optimization.
• Knowledgeable about search engine optimization.
• Able to balance the need to inform our readers with the critical need to rank first via search and drive revenue.
• A leader with terrific communication skills that can serve as an advocate for your team and is comfortable interacting with stakeholders and executives.
• A subject matter expert around all things personal finance.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 1-3 years of experience writing, editing or otherwise working in the world of content.
• Experience with Google Analytics and/or Adobe Omniture.