Director of Business Intelligence (HIRED)
Caring LLC applies cutting-edge technology to a very humane mission – helping the 45 million U.S. family caregivers find help for their aging family members. Many of our employees have had personal experience with caregiving and are passionate about making this mission a reality. We are an agile team which succeeds by marrying rigorous data-driven thinking with real concern and empathy for users and the quality of their experience
As the Director of BI you will be charged with implementing and supporting enterprise BI capabilities across business functions against high volume data sources. The ideal candidate will utilize their strong BI knowledge to provide data and architecture, vision and design from modeling through to visualization and insight development. Your passion for solving problems and fueling solutions to improve revenue-related business goals for Caring’s portfolio of businesses and websites will enable you to make a meaningful contribution to the success of the organization. This role requires a proactive personality, extremely analytical mindset, attention to detail, excellent time management and communication skills.
What we are looking for:
• Determine the source of truth for data across the organization, owning the tagging and product requirements for Web Analytics Systems, Data Warehousing systems and databases.
• Building impactful and scalable dashboards and reports to enable each job function greater speed to insight.
• Experience with A/B and multivariate testing tools such as Optimizely/VWO/Optimize or something similar.
• Create and deliver presentations and lead meetings that touch all parts of the organization, including the most senior leaders.
• Conduct a variety of deep-dive data analyses to gather web behavioral data insights to make decisions on new products, optimization tests and enhancements.
• Collaborate closely with all areas of the business (Product, SEM, SEO, Performance Marketing, Business Development, Social, Email, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Display/AdOps) to provide analysis, reporting and tool-building capabilities that inform our key stakeholders.
• Work across the organization (Product, Sales, Finance, SEO, Marketing, Technology) to determine what metrics, reports, dashboards and analysis are needed to drive the business and then work with the appropriate teams to implement them.
Preferred skills and experience:
• Writing SQL queries against complex databases for data extraction.
• Experience with data extraction, manipulation and blending across different data sources (Google Analytics, DoubleClick for Publishers, SQL Server, Snowflake, AWS, Salesforce, flat files, etc).
• Experience using BI tools to build dynamic/scalable dashboards.
• Be an expert in at least one web analytics system, such as Google Analytics, Omniture or Mixpanel. Google Tag Manager experience a plus.
• Experience helping teams develop in visualization tools such as Looker, Power BI, Periscope or Tableau.
• Ability to translate business questions into problems solvable using analytics tools and enjoy converting the results of your analyses into visual stories tailored to the needs of the audience.
• Working knowledge of digital attribution (data collection, tagging management, data integrity, advanced analytics and reporting).
• Strong analytical background with a proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to compile data in comprehensive reports, analyze trends and make fact-based recommendations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience working on and communicating with fast-paced, dynamic teams.
• Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.