Chief Development Officer
SHC provides permanent supportive housing and rapid rehousing for chronically homeless men, women and families who have disabilities, through two apartment communities (McCreesh Place and St. Johns Place) and 75 scattered site apartments. SHC serves 300+ individuals and family members and has a 97% success rate of keeping residents in stable housing. SHC also provides street outreach services for people living outside with mental health disabilities, creating relationships with an additional 300+ people per year. SHC is a leader in the Charlotte community in ending homelessness, remaining flexible and creative in using best practices to grow/advance our programs.
This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer, supervises Grants and Communications Manager, Community Partnership Coordinator and Development Coordinator and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team
• Create and implement annual marketing and development plan to increase fundraising and stewardship of individual, corporate, faith and foundation donors.
• Craft and manage annual fundraising budget.
• Provide leadership, vision and strategic planning to ensure the successful functioning of the development department.
• Direct the Leadership Gifts Campaign to broaden and deepen relationships with top donors.
• Help manage annual philanthropic luncheon and corresponding luncheon committee.
• Renew existing sponsorships and proactively target new sponsorships.
• Help plan and implement annual Family Reunion.
• Assist board members and volunteer leaders in their active involvement in development committees.
• Oversee agency printed materials (signature piece, annual report postcard, holiday appeal), along with website and e-newsletter.
• Direct grants process.
• Set up speaking opportunities for agency leaders.
• Actively participate on the senior leadership team.
• Lead weekly development team meetings.
• Help with creating fresh content for website and posting regular updates to social media.
• Monitor annual development goals.
• Oversee other projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of five years in successfully managing and implementing a development program with budgetary responsibilities.
• Proven success in securing large gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
• Solid professional computer experience with Word, Excel, eTapestry and Social Media.
• Excellent judgment, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to work independently, have goal orientation and manage multiple priorities.
• Drive to be collaborative and a strong team player.
• A passion for ending chronic homelessness in our community.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.