Digital Marketing Manager
Charlotte Ballet is looking for a digital expert to join our fabulous marketing team and lead our digital efforts. This key role is an important part of our success as a world class cultural institution and dance company. This position is responsible for hands-on management of Charlotte Ballet’s digital presence.
Job scope and responsibilities:
• Strategically plan and manage Charlotte Ballet’s investment in digital advertising, including paid social, display advertising, paid search, digital partnerships, newly emerging channels and unpaid Google grant.
• Provide daily management, hands-on implementation and active oversight of any agencies or external resources, advising and collaborating on strategy and content.
• Manage paid mix, monitoring and adjusting to maximize ROI. Implement paid campaigns individually as required.
• Conduct annual agency-resource-budget-strategy review as part of budgeting process.
• Maintains and regularly updates charlotteballet.org (WordPress), including coordination of web host, designers and contributors.
• Devise and implement strategies to drive site traffic. Develop and implement annual plan to provide content refresh at least monthly (according to presenting schedule), with daily management of homepage.
• Monitor, improve and update SEO and search rankings, Google Business presence for CB and Academy and other emerging opportunities.
• Make recommendations for website improvements.
• Manage strategy and implementation of all general email communications (Emma), including oversight of email program software and training other departments on email program.
• Collaborate with marketing peers on segments and list acquisition from AV and other sources.
• Import lists, build emails, schedule and track response.
• Expand email program to include A/B testing, trigger campaigns, secondary segmentation and more.
• Lead collaboration with other departments to coordinate cohesive email strategy across the organization.
• Develop and implement strategies across digital channels to grow audiences and lists.
• Initiate and grow collaborative partnerships with cultural partners for expanded audiences.
• Manages online surveys (SurveyMonkey).
Content management and social media
• Responsible for setting and executing content marketing plans, working with colleagues to manage workflow and maintaining publishing infrastructure.
• Creates and distributes valuable, relevant, consistent and delightful content to deepen the relationship with current constituents, while attracting new ones – with the ultimate objective of driving action.
• Collaborates with marketing peers to ensure work aligns with overall content marketing goals.
• Maintains determined mix of content, including ticketed events, company news, industry/community leadership, development messaging, Academy and education.
• Develop monthly reporting dashboard that includes key metrics for website, email, organic social and paid digital.
• Monitors results, response, conversions and ROI of Charlotte Ballet’s website, email program, organic social and paid digital, making recommendations for improvement.
• Manages Charlotte Ballet’s Google Analytics account.
• Manage budget, invoices, scheduling and other administration of related projects.
Required experience and skills:
• 5 years’ overall digital marketing experience.
• Strong AdWords and Google Analytics skills, with a minimum of 2 years’ direct experience managing and implementing paid digital media campaigns. AdWords certified.
• Strong skill set in developing ROI-focused paid Facebook and IG campaigns, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience developing paid FB campaigns. Deep experience with audience targeting, segmentation and acquisition.
• Strong WordPress skills and experience managing a website. Experienced in SEO techniques. Web development skills are a bonus, not required.
• Experience managing robust email marketing programs and using related tools, preferably Emma and Survey Monkey. Experience with A/B testing, trigger campaigns and more strongly preferred.
• Strong writing and content development skills. Experience running social media channels for an organization or managing staff doing same.
• Experience managing external agencies/partners.
• Non-profit/performing arts experience preferred.
• Skilled in all MS Office programs and social channels. Skilled in WordPress, Emma, Survey Monkey, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook/IG advertising, etc.
• Ability to work evening and weekend events throughout the year.
• Demonstrates very strong written communications skills necessary to write clear and concise content for all audiences.
• Demonstrates high level of emotional intelligence, tact and diplomacy in all interactions, including the appropriate treatment of sensitive or confidential information and equal and fair treatment for all.
• A self-starter, dedicated to results. Foresees roadblocks in goal meeting and solves problems quickly. Plans and executes complex projects both autonomously and collaboratively, completing complex projects with a high level of excellence. Works independently with 100% responsibility. Comfortable with deadlines and change.