This position provides assistance in managing the overall operation of the assigned restaurant on a daily basis including, staffing and training of all employees, enhancing their capabilities and fostering growth, as well as cost control, service standards, operational procedures and policies, customer satisfaction, sanitation, environment control, cash handling, staff motivation, safety and security by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential job functions:
• Ensures that the restaurant operates efficiently and effectively within the company’s operational guidelines and objectives.
• Works with Restaurant Manager in maximizing daily sales and effectively managing costs, labor and cash control.
• Reviews and monitors expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations.
• Weekly meets with management to report performance, necessary improvements and problems.
• Ensures health, safety and sanitation standards are maintained in compliance with the company policies and government regulations.
• Provides input to the development of product strategy and research and development of new and emerging products.
Purchasing and food preparation
• Ensures that all menu items are prepared according to recipe and presented in accordance with the company standards.
• Maintains inventory and purchases food products within established guidelines.
• Ensures that ordered products are delivered in a timely manner and stored and handled properly to ensure quality and freshness at all times.
• Prepares purchase orders and send them to suppliers via facsimile/email, online order etc.
• Ensures pricing and vendor invoicing comply with Company directed pricing contracts.
• Ensures established standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained.
• Ensures that the quality of experience, such as product quality, timing, service, entertainment, etc. is delivered to the customers.
• Responds to customer comments and criticism in a constructive and positive manner.
• Checks messages from customers, confirms restaurant reservations and discuss course menu with customers.
• Staffs restaurant with quality employees who are committed to high standards of performance.
• Recruits, screens, interviews, hires, trains, counsels and terminates employees, completes necessary documentations related to personnel actions.
• Ensures that company procedures, policies and applicable labor laws and regulations are enforced and observed.
• Monitors and reviews work activities of the hourly staff, sets performance expectations and periodically monitors and appraises employee performance.
• Delegates and advises employees regarding the company’s corporate philosophy and business practices.
• Motivates, develops and mentors employees for improved performance.
• Collects employees’ timesheets and calculates work hours for a payroll purpose.
• Performs work scheduling and shift assigning based on employees’ availability.
• Ensures that hourly staff take mandatory rest breaks in accordance with state and federal laws.
• Performs daily bank deposits and obtains small changes.
• Receives invoices from suppliers and submits them to the Accounting Department.
• Enters invoice and expense information into the system and prepares reports for management.
• Enters daily sales amount on to the system to formulate monthly sales goals.
• Prepares monthly operational and financial reports for management.
• Performs monthly physical inventory control.
• Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
• Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
• Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
• Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solution.
• Maintains good communication with supervisors, office staff members and outside contacts.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
• Supervises hourly staff.
Skills, knowledge, abilities and qualifications:
Analysis and communication skills
• Speaking, reading and writing English.
• Customer service.
• Employee development.
• General industry awareness.
• Inventory control.
• Judgment and leadership.
• Listening and understanding.
• Basic math.
• Personal computer usage.
• Supervisory skills.
• Team participation.
Education and work experience
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Hotel/Restaurant Management or equivalent or 1-2 years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-6 months of previous experience in a similar position.
Certificates and licenses
• Food Handler Certification. If not certified when hired, certification required by the first day of work.
• Food Manager Certification. The company will be responsible for payment of certification testing twice any more testing required in order for employee to be certified will be at employee’s own expense, not reimbursable by company. You will be fully responsible for payment in case of reschedule due to personal reason(s).
Work environment and physical demands:
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Work is typically performed in an office and a restaurant environment with moderate noise levels. Occasional travel may be required. Must be able to work a flexible schedules including days nights, weekends and holidays.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, converse and hear. The employee is often required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities include the ability to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen, measure or identify using eyesight and adjust vision focus.
Essential weight lifting/force exertion requirements
• Less than 1/3 of time – up to 100 pounds with a lifting aid.
• 1/3 to 2/3 of time – up to 50 pounds with a lifting aid.
• More than 2/3 of time – up to 10 pounds.
Tools and equipment
• General office equipment including phones, personal computers, email, fax, copier, scanner and etc.
• Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office and POS Systems.
The above job description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company’s discretion.