Centralized In-Take Specialist (HIRED)
• Creates a warm and welcoming environment for clients through greeting, one-on-one conversation and initiating dialogue and conversation and inquiry to their individual and family needs.
• Maintains a working knowledge of Goodwill programs and services, public and private services available in Mecklenburg and other neighboring counties. Provides information to clients appropriate to their needs and maintains a working knowledge of the resource directory of available services.
• Opens and prepares the Job Resource Center for service, ensures an inviting and clean space with all necessary equipment and service focused collateral available for client use. Monitors technical equipment: laptops, computers, pagers and information monitors and reports issues to the appropriate supervisor.
• Presents clients with essential information based on client interest and inquiry, provides an overview of services and protocols for accessing services. Creates and distributes ID badges and information and expectations for the use of the Job Resource Center.
• Monitors resource user activities to help connect them to appropriate services in Goodwill based on observed challenges and needs, including referrals to other resources, training, Play ‘N Learn or Personal Interview as needed.
• Assists clients using the resource center with their resume, navigating the Internet, using the printer, fax and other equipment. Educates and trains clients on the use of these tools to increase knowledge and self-sufficiency.
• Facilitates completion of the Client Service Application in its entirety and ensures the accuracy of gathered data. Reviews and explains the Clients Rights document, confidentiality paperwork and the global consent form located in the client handbook, reviews client handbook and other important information with individuals receiving services from Goodwill to ensure knowledge of their rights and to set expectations for the service experience.
• Mentors and supports the development of clients who are working in the Job Resource Center to support their work experience goal plans.
• Markets Goodwill’s services to maintain and develop referral sources.
• Performs miscellaneous functions in the Job Connection to include maintaining sign-in sheets, informing the appropriate supervisor when office supplies are needed, contacting WDS team members for client appointments and maintaining a positive and efficient flow of services for clients.
Education and/or experience:
• Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Business, Psychology or other field related to human services and 2 years’ experience working in a human service setting with direct service delivery to persons with barriers or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with individuals with vocational barriers a plus.