Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead development of specific technology solutions architectures requiring the integration of multiple viewpoints including business, application, data and infrastructure across the enterprise. They are responsible for creating and maintaining the documentation of current state solution architectures and collaborating with Domain and/or Principal Architects to develop solution blueprints, assuring adherence to standards and alignment to the desired target state. This role works as an integral part of project teams and with business users to develop conceptual, logical and physical architectures required for business solution delivery. This role includes responsibility for providing critical decision support, guidance and recommendations regarding project and program design deliverables.
• Influences architectural direction and creates program and project architecture deliverables to frame architecture project work and execution in collaboration with Domain Architects, project and solution teams.
• Evaluates project deliverables from project technical leads and IT teams to ensure they meet specifications and architectural standards, guidelines and patterns.
• Guides application and infrastructure development teams in the design and build of complex solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the architecture blueprint, standards, target state architecture and strategies.
• Facilitates the transition to high-level design and supports the project lifecycle with input from executive leadership where needed.
• Educates others on current Architectural Standards, Guidelines and Patterns driving the re-use of these artifacts across programs and projects to drive efficiency.
• Defines and enforces solution architecture standards, procedures, metrics and policies to ensure consistency and adherence to Lowe’s processes.
• Develops detailed architecture plans for large scale enterprise architecture projects and drives the plans to fruition in collaboration with Domain Architects and IT Directors.
• Develops conceptual, logical and physical architectures consisting of one or more viewpoints (business, application, data and infrastructure) required for business solution delivery.
• Drives the adoption of new technologies by researching innovative technical trends and developments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related field with 8-12 years of experience in IT, including 5+ years of experience in IT architecture.
• Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Must have strong skills and experience defining cloud-native architectures, designs and patterns.
• Extensive experience in open-source and agile methodologies based modern software engineering practices.
• Proficiency in metric-driven architecture options analysis to address efficiency, scalability, stability and security of cloud applications.
• Develop Architectural patterns, building blocks, capability models, reference architecture and reference implementations that are readily implementable.
• Develop conceptual, logical and physical architectures required for business solution delivery.
• High proficiency and experience architecting, designing and securing.
• Containerized applications.
• API design architectures involving REST and Graph APIs.
• Intermediate skills in automation and scripting using one or more languages such as Python, PHP, Java, PowerShell etc.
• Must be result oriented with proven track record of “can-do” attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills.
• Ability to partner with other architects to drive, leverage and reuse technology assets across the enterprise.
• Influence strategic technical direction across multiple engineering and solutions organizations.
• Drive the adoption of new technologies by researching technical trends and developments.
• Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related field with 2+ years of experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership.
• 4+ years of experience with commercial off-the-shelf package integration.
• 2+ years of experience working with third-party IT vendors and/or IT system solution providers.
• 3+ years of experience in IT within the retail industry.
• Accreditation or certificates in programs relevant to cloud and architecture domain.
• Retail industry knowledge and experience.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.