Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
This role is primarily responsible for locating, identifying, ranking, evaluating and screening talent for presentation and recommendation to Hiring Managers. This individual assesses qualifications, manages the job offer process and negotiations and secures on-boarding process completion. This role will also assign tasks to support staff, including Sourcing Consultants and Recruiting Coordinators. This person will typically handle mid-level Manager or Professional roles up to Director-level. This role will also have primary responsibility with developing overall recruiting strategy, identifying key resources for talent, sourcing and recruiting top talent and leading intake meetings with business partners at all levels. This individual is also responsible for screening and assessing candidates, negotiating and marketing offers and executing the pre-employment process and day-one on-boarding.
• Sources potential talent by meeting with business partners across the organization to verify job profiles and specifications.
• Seeks out potential candidates using innovative methods and follow recruiting process from start to finish.
• Evaluates candidate profiles and resumes, represents the company (information and marketing) to candidates, completes detailed candidate phone screens, prepares candidate evaluations and presents candidates to Hiring Manager via slate submittal process.
• Explores new recruitment methods and keeps abreast of industry trends while sharing best practices across the team.
• Builds and maintains a network of potential candidates to generate a high-volume, high-quality pipeline of candidates under tight timelines for multiple hiring managers.
• Consults business partners on candidate assessment and interview processes by collaborating with hiring managers to develop interview tools and guides and conduct interviews in a structured process.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for hiring managers regarding recruiting and succession planning processes.
• Advises hiring managers on job postings and the marketing of jobs, ensuring that employees are hired and promoted following the CSC employment policy by evaluating candidate profiles and resumes.
• Educates all Hiring Managers and enforcing Lowe’s hiring practices.
Education and experience required:
• Bachelor’s Degree 5-7 years of full lifecycle recruiting process, at least a year of corporate recruiting experience.
• 5 years of experience with candidate search techniques, including identification of target companies, resume mining experience, cold-calling and name generation.
• 5 years of experience with behavioral interviewing.
• 5 years of experience recruiting mid- to senior-level roles.
• 5 years of experience using an applicant tracking system.
• 3 years of experience sourcing through candidate social networking tools and using creative sourcing methodologies (X-ray, FlipSearch, Boolean Search).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.