Community Outreach and Event Director
Event Marketing Services, Inc. (EMS) has been marketing and producing Charlotte’s best running events since 1996, including the Novant Health Charlotte Marathon, now in its 15th year. EMS owns the Latta Triathlon and a Six Pack of events including the Shamrock 4 Miler, American 4 Miler, Hit The Brixx 5K and 10K and RocktoberFest Half Marathon and 5 Miler. Our goal is to provide an unmatched experience at every event for the participant who is competing and the sponsor partner who supports us.
If you like accomplishing a variety of tasks, you’re in the right place. No day is the same. You will meet with companies, schools and other groups to invite participation, spend time working on event collateral design, digital ads and social media content and create and produce a memorable experience for all participants. You must be reliable, a self-starter, able to manage your own time and create new initiatives around our events.
Major areas of responsibility:
• Community outreach to build participation in our portfolio of nine events, including the Novant Health Charlotte Marathon.
• Direct and produce events to provide an unmatched experience for participants and sponsor partners.
• Social Media and Marketing to reach audiences who may have a propensity to participate.
• Graphic design and ability to produce artwork for ads and event collateral.
What we are looking for:
• You must be creative and have critical thinking skills.
• We are seeking someone who ideally has 2-5 years of experience in the sport or event industry and knows how to grow participation.
• A Bachelor Degree is preferred but not required.
• Ability to network is a must.
At times the schedule can be inflexible, but in return it is flexible at the best times – summers and holidays. There is an opportunity for some travel with this position but not a lot of it is required.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.