Part-Time E-Commerce and Social Media Assistant
Located in Governor Morrison Shopping Center, Capitol and Poole Shop are fashion retailers owned by Laura Vinroot Poole. Capitol is a luxury clothing boutique that features designs from Valentino, Gucci, Saint Laurent (to name a few), along with high-end jewelry and accessories by Irene Neuwirth, Marie-Helene de Taillac and The Gem Palace. Its sister store Poole Shop is located on the second floor and features contemporary and emerging designers such as Raquel Allegra, Lemlem, Ulla Johnson, Self-Portrait, See by Chloé and accessories by Lizzie Fortunato, Jennifer Behr and more.
We are seeking a part-time e-commerce and social media assistant that is self-motivated and team-oriented with excellent organizational skills. In this position, the e-commerce and social media assistant will assist in our e-commerce operations, help to ensure our marketing goals are met and/or exceeded and support the team by completing the assigned responsibilities as outlined below. This position reports to the Farfetch Director and the Social Media and Marketing Manager.
Farfetch, Capitol’s third-party online retail partner
• Processing daily sales: Using our online platform to check daily sales, pull inventory from the sales floor, add to our POS and ship to clients via UPS and DHL.
• Processing returns: Receive returned merchandise, adjust in our POS system and prep inventory to go back on the sales floor.
• Creating boxes for product shots: Ship boxes to Farfetch HQ in California by comparing inventory in-store to online and send what is missing.
• Receiving boxes back from product shots: Check-in inventory, adjust in our POS system and prep the inventory to go back on the sales floor.
House Account, Capitol and Poole Shop’s online retail platform
• Uploading inventory. Search for imagery online (via Farfetch and designer websites) to match what we have in-stock and upload (some Photoshop may be required).
• Copywriting. Write product descriptions for uploaded imagery per item.
• Inventory checks (daily). Done at 5 p.m. daily, compare inventory on House Account to our POS system and update current units available manually.
• Update website (weekly). Assist the Marketing Manager with creating new and innovative concepts and stories using both professional and in-store pictures to update on our website’s front page.
• Graphic design (as needed). Create flyers and compose email blasts that are relevant to current in-store events and sales.
• Customer service. Answer customer inquiries and provide any additional information/photos. Pull merchandise in case of possible purchases.
Social Media, Capitol and Poole Shop’s digital platforms
• Photos (as needed). With the Social Media Manager, take photos to be used on social media platforms. Model and pull new inventory to be featured.
• Customer service. Answer customer direct messages on our social media platforms and provide any additional information/photos. Pull merchandise in case of possible purchases.
• Work hours are 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. with a 60-minute lunch break. Working 2-3 days a week with 2 Saturdays per month.
• Graphic design background in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator preferred.
• Phone (preferably with portrait mode).
• Laptop with charger.
• Access to Adobe programs.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.